(07-02-2005) U2 Usher in Beautiful Day - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 USHER IN BEAUTIFUL DAY

U2 have continued the historic LIVE 8 gig in LONDON today (July 2).

The band, playing in front of 200,000 plus people in the capital’s Hyde Park, ran three tracks - 'Beautiful Day', 'Vertigo' and a poignant version of ’One’.

Frontman Bono, one of the driving forces between today's incredible event, called on those "eight men in a room on a golf course" - refering to the G8 leaders - to take notice and make an historic decision to eradicate poverty.

The band will now leave the London venue, and fly out to their own headline gig which is scheduled to take place later this evening in Vienna.

As previously reported on NME.COM, Sir Paul McCartney kicked off the monumental event with a rousing ’Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band’.

Up next on the star-studded line-up will be Coldplay and today will also see performances from REM, Madonna, Robbie Williams, Pink Floyd, Razorlight and Snow Patrol.

http://www.nme.com/news/112882.htm

IMO: U2's was the greatest show till now!

I mean, the music, the white doves, Bono&Adam&Edge&Larry&Paul McCartney were absoltely perfect!

Hope this show will get his goal!

I agree! As the VH1 host for the coverage I caught said, nobody could open it up like U2...
I was all a-goose-bump for the Sgt. Pepper performance, from when they all walked out together with Paul onwards, and Beautiful Day was so gorgeously done, as was One (I didn't see Vertigo, but am glad they played it!). Bono had this ethereal quality to his presence, like he might just soar off with the doves. They all did, actually, in their different ways, have this very spiritual vibe going somehow, perfect for the moment.

I would have liked to have seen how they made the transition from BD to Vertigo, and how they played Vertigo!

cheers all...

Back
Top Bottom