(06-30-2005) Apple Release U2 iPod With Color Screen -- newratings.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Apple Releases iPod U2 Special Edition With Color Screen

NEW YORK, June 30 (newratings.com) – Apple Computer (AAPL.NAS) Tuesday released the latest version of its iTunes digital music management software, which would make it easier for users to listen to Podcast offerings.

Apple Tuesday announced that its iTunes 4.9 version, a complementary service to its iPod music player, would allow users to subscribe to more than 3,000 free Podcasts and have each new episode automatically delivered to their computers and iPods through the internet. Podcasts are downloadable audio files, often similar to radio programmes. Apple also announced that it would launch high-capacity iPods with colour screens to support the viewing of photographs on iPod screens. Apple's new U2 special edition iPod comes with the phrase "20GB PC+Mac" instead of the phrase "20GB Mac+PC" in the earlier versions. Suranga Chandratillake, Apple's Chief Technology Officer, said Tuesday that the company's indexing software has identified approximately 20,000 user-generated audio and video channels, which makes about 500 hours of programming a day. Apples' directory includes programming contents from ABC, Disney, ESPN and Newsweek, making it one of the largest directories in the world. Apple's share prices rose about 1% to $37.50 just after the Nasdaq opened on Tuesday.

one word....ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

:madspit:
and damn it...already have the initial one now they friggin improve it with a color screen! and drop the price 20 bucks! Why couldn't they have come out with that in first place...! They had the technology for it...came out with the 40gb photo ipod that had a color screen at the same time as the u2 ipod last year..:mad:

My jaw dropped to the floor when I walked into the the mac store yesturday. I, being one of the ones who purchased it back in Nov., now see that it's available in color. This sucks! :mad:

Hahahahahahaha!

The U2 iPods haven't even been out for a year, and already fans are getting fucked.

Last edited:
Now I may actually get a U2 ipod. The b&w had so much ghosting its ridiculous. Now this, I'm willing buy.

Seriously guys. I bought my U2ipod back in Dec. I just sold it for 260 on ebay. You can get the new u2ipod+color for 309 with the educational discount. $49 dollars for the color screen and a new battery aint bad.

Back
Top Bottom