(06-30-2003) Another Sweet Thing from U2: New CD - Boston Herald*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mikal said:
that is the most lame ass article i have ever read. can't the guy come us with his own words instead of using U2'isms for every situation?

The Boston Herald is a lame ass newspaper. It is about as muckraking as a William Randolph Hearst newspaper.

Really, I don't take much of what it says seriously, including this article.

Melon

With regards to discussion of rehearsals that occurred earlier in the thread ...

U2 always practice before tour. Some recent examples.
ZooTV: I'm sure we're familiar with stuff such as the Hershey Tapes. I know they practiced before the opening leg, Outside Broadcast, Zooropa, and considering the new songs, they had to do something for Zoomerang/New Zooland, though I don't know of it.
Popmart: Multiple nights of practice in Las Vegas. Boots exist.
Elevation: Multiple nights of practice in Miami. Video footage even exists of one night.
So yes, they will be practicing somewhere before the new tour, for at least a week. Lucky city that gets them!

On the new stuff, American Prayer is NOT a boring song, thankyouverymuch, Hands is a beautiful piece of work, and Electrical Storm (especially the leaked demo) is wonderful. I just wish William Orbit had never been allowed to get near it. What did he think he was doing? Grr.

things we share in common

When reading responses to articles, a common"thread" seems to stand out for me... the U2 fans (Bono fans) all share similar personality traits. We all keep an optimistic point of view but at the same time call "a spade, a spade"...we are definitely no pushover!!! We laugh at Bono's follies, yet we admit to making them ourselves and if anyone puts him down it's as if they are talking about our bestfriend... Just thought I'd change the pace as we wait for the new single, by the way due out by my birthday,thanks BONO, you're the man!! Forever Pondering what I'm looking for-

Back
Top Bottom