(06-23-2006) ZOO TV On DVD - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel like I've been given a present I can't open till..
well Sept.. :wink:
I put on the Sydney video when I came in from work tonight..
after watching the video while reading emails and this thread I am just :hyper: :drool:

I hope the sound is remixed. The audio on the VHS was poor.

This was a great show, but not really a true representation of the ZooTV tour, as mentioned earlier. They need to release something from the spring/summer 1992 to balance it out.

Judging by the bit of One in the Best of 90s dvd , the sound is :drool: And Imagine it with DTS :drool: :drool:

The landmark Sidney Concert on DVD at last !!!!:drool: ...but... I'm not the only one in having mixed feelings about it:ohmy:

The extras aren't enough, just a couple of live songs while they could have put a whole 1992 concert as Stockholm 1992 instead :sad: . Also I wish I had the Outside broadcast docummentary, and videos as Until The End Of The World, Love Is Blindness, :( the Sarajevo links at Wembley :heart: etc, etc. With so much excellent stuff to choose from, why on earth they go with not enough extras? :mad: It seems, once again, that the second DVD is just stuff for the bucks rather than for the fans :down:

So far, my Rank would be:

DVD1: Sidney 1993: 9/10 (missing Trying IN THE CONCERT)

DVD2: Extras: 5/10 (How come they put The Fly and Even Better again?. They performed countless songs - all of them filmed - as Bad, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Ultraviolet, Zooropa, Babyface, etc, etc. It would be far better the inclusion of a whole 1992 concert instead. Also it seems that the docummentaries are just small overviews)

Overall: Must have just for Sidney concert alone. Still waiting for a Real Zoo TV Box Set :shocked:

i think the idea of wanting a whole other concert on the bonus disc is a bit too much.

the focus of the dvd is the sydney show.

david said:
i think the idea of wanting a whole other concert on the bonus disc is a bit too much.

the focus of the dvd is the sydney show.

I agree. I don't expect them to cram as much as possible into DVDs when they don't do that with albums. Bono said once that people should be spanked for making long albums. The same policy must be in place for DVDs as well.

I don't understand why they can add TTTYAATW("Trying to Throw.....") back into the Sydney concert.

I know that it was aired on the PPV special but yanked from the home video. The reason I heard was Bono was sharing the bottle of wine with 1 or 2 teenage girls.

I don't understand why they can't pull short clips of footage from different angles or pull TTTYAATW footage from Sydney1 or another Zooropa concert. They can still keep the soundtrack from the original PPV broadcast.

TTTYAATW was part of the show that occured at every 1992 and 1993 concert. (edit: dropped for Babyface several times around UK dates)

u2fp

Last edited:
ElectricalVoice said:
Great news. Now we can only pray that they will release POPmart later (maybe next year). Can't wait.
Indeed i really hope they will do it!

And with this release i have more faith in it then ever.

Bono's Doll said:
My September birthday list is lookin good---U2 by U2 on preorder & now this! :dance: :hyper: :applaud:

I hear ya! Now, where to direct everybody to so they can BUY it for me? :hmm:

Happy news! :D

Any info about the remastering process?. Audio options? :eyebrow:

I really hope this won't be another Best of 1990-2000 DVD quality :( . When I first watched it I couldn't believe how bad, grainy, dark, soft and washed it looked :ohmy: (Just watch One video, for example, it's clear the sources used weren't the master reels, tapes or whatever. It seems to be a home VHS taped from VH1 or MTV - DVD transfer on the fly :sad: )

I can clearly remember all the stories about the U2 deny of releasing Zoo TV Sidney on DVD because of they bad feelings about the final result :ohmy:

Rachel D. said:

I agree. I don't expect them to cram as much as possible into DVDs when they don't do that with albums. Bono said once that people should be spanked for making long albums. The same policy must be in place for DVDs as well.

Word.

I'd watch twenty U2 concerts if they put them in one DVD set, but the average person wouldn't, and extras can get excessive. Take Lord of the Rings, for example. Not only is each movie extended over a half hour, the special edition DVD sets had like 28923857 extras. I love LOTR but I never really watched all the extras because, uh, the movie is long enough. Probably most people wouldn't want to watch two full U2 concerts where the majority of the set is the same. It'd be nice if they had included Ultraviolet and maybe a couple other songs they didn't include, but I'll take what I can get. Personally I'm enthralled that ZooTV is coming to DVD at all :drool:

AT LAST!!!!

I remember when ZOO TV LIVE FROM SYDNEY was on pay per view and I remember watching this show in complete AWE!!

I have commented many many times how I wish this show would come out on DVD ( I have the video tape..but who watches tapes anymore? ) JK

I am so happy about this news. If you are a new U2 fan I suggest you own this DVD and cherish it. This is U2 as they never were before that point, and I dare say, never will be again. A true gem and high point of their career.

Zooropean103 said:
Ponkine, I have one question- is there something related to U2 (except the concerts you attended) that satisfies you?

Of course mate ;) Most of U2's albums and Videos, singles, etc, etc, etc :heart: I think the weakest stuff on U2's catalog are (by miles) DVD's :ohmy: that's the reason I'm afraid of finding another somewhat dissapointing DVD :(

The concerts chosen for official releases haven't been among the best the band have performed :shrug: and the participation of Hamilton just ruined them :banghead: And the only one non-concert DVD (Best of 1990-2000) lacks serious quality standards :sad: . Just compare it with Peter Gabriel Play, for example !!!. The difference is incredible. The videos from So album, for example, in 1986 look and sound far better than anything on Best of 1990-2000 DVD. Moreover, the compilation wasn't complete, missing videos like Until The End Of The World, Love is Blindness, Night And Day, etc

So I'm a little scary about this long awaited Sidney DVD :reject: I LOVE that concert, so I really want to find a DVD to make justice to that memorable concert :camera: I hope the Video and Audio quality will be up there with the performance

:wave:

Outstanding! I've been waiting for this ever since I saw it the first time. This version of Running to Stand Still is is among the most moving songs I've ever seen U2 do. The guitar, the hallelujahs, the rising through the clouds. Can't wait.

Great news, shame there aren't more documentaries and no "ultraviolet" but this is still good news.
Now bring out Lovetown!!

Yeah, at least its finally coming out, but the extras look pretty light considering how much of practically everything U2 did was filmed during that era.

ascender_RS said:
Yeah, at least its finally coming out, but the extras look pretty light considering how much of practically everything U2 did was filmed during that era.

Yeah, but since this is Zoo TV we're talking about, and Zoo TV was all about video mischief, you just KNOW there are going to be tons of easter eggs, mark my words.

Make it a UV easter egg , and who knows another live easter

Then I'm satisfied :drool:

Back
Top Bottom