(06-10-2005) Bono Recommends Marital Mystique - Contact Music*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
BONO RECOMMENDS MARITAL MYSTIQUE

U2 frontman BONO is still madly in love with his wife of 23 years - and insists the secret behind a happy marriage is maintaining a distance from your partner.

The VERTIGO singer never believed he was cut out for married life, but meeting his future spouse ALI changed his life.

And he claims the magic is still there because there is an element of mystery about their partnership.

He says, "I was not the kind of person any of my friends would say, 'He's the marrying kind.' But I met the most extraordinary woman and I couldn't let her go.

"I have somebody in my life, after a long time (who) I still feel I don't know.

"We have a sort of creative distance between us, that Ali manages.

"Relationships need management. And of course, respect and love. I'm still in love."

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/mndwebpages/bono recommends marital mystique

In the mysterious distance between 'A Man And A Woman'
Thats inspiring Bono!
Well done!

And Gosh i dont think im cut for marriage also, but if i met the most extraordinary woman, just like you did, i wouldn't let her go!

He's done something right for sure. They have a relationship that's exemplary in the entertainment world. It's a great message that thru media, progress, creativity, corruption, and distance, all of these magnified that 2 people can still connect, 7 find each other. These are Big people with Bigger hearts!

The only comment I'm not sure about is Bono saying he still doesn't know his wife? But, mystery is appealing..this is what he's refering to....okay, I get it.

I have found the woman of my dreams...I wish never to wake up. but Wow, I AM awake...and she's still here. She's for real!!

Not to get all flowerchild on y'all, but L-O-V-E really is the cure all for this destructive time we are in. How do ya dismantle an Atomic Bomb?????

That's amazing, considering they met at school. When Bono was thirteen and Ali was twelve. Anyway, I wish them only the best. I didn't meet my husband until I was twenty six and I married him seven months later. 22years ago. And we are still very much in love. Without the mysterous distance. He knows me better than anyone! And I wouldn't have it any other way.

So perhaps "A man and a Woman" is even more personal than "the Sweetest Thing?"

One of my faves too, and it's probably a more "real" love song than half the stuff that's passed off as "love songs."

As much as I drool over Bono--I admire the fact that he has been with his love & soul mate Ali since they met in school. My husband & I went to school together and married the year after high school graduation. (I have known him since the 5th grade. ) We have been married 30 years. I think friendship is the key. Wouldn't want to be without him. Still in love.

yes i think its even more personal than The Sweetest Thing for sure
And its great to read some posts from couples who love each other after so much time
Congratulations!
You are inspiring also!

'Love is all we need'

Awwww...:cute:. It really is nice to see a couple still going strong so many years later like that. :up: to Bono and Ali for making it work-from what I've heard from them in interviews and stuff, they have a pretty good system going, and it shows-still together all this time later.

I can only hope that everybody in this world is lucky enough to experience that kind of a love :). You all deserve it.

Angela

I admire the heck out of Bono and Ali for keeping their marriage going for so long. In the world of celebrities it seems like there is always a Divorce of the Week, and there's a different one every week. They are great role models.

Now, isn't he the nicest and sweetest guy on heart?
I'm so happy they meet each other and have this extraordinary relationship!

wish the best to all you reading, too

Back
Top Bottom