(05-25-2006) Armani and Red to Catwalk in London -- ChinaDaily*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Armani and Red to Catwalk in London

Giorgio Armani will stage an unprecedented multi-collection runway show during London Fashion Week in a joint effort with Red, the Bono-led African AIDS initiative.
It will be a fashion music event, where Armani will debut his capsule collection for Red and present elements of his haute couture Priv¨¦ and signature lines. The core of the show will be Armani's spring summer 2007 Emporio collection, which will skip the Milan season.

"It will be an honor and a privilege to present my Emporio Armani collection at London Fashion Week and at the same time create further momentum for Bono and Bobby Shriver's RED initiative," said Armani, whose RED products will include clothing, accessories, eyewear, watches, jewelry and fragrances.

The Armani release was revealing in that it spelled out on the conditions between brand RED. "Giorgio Armani S.p.A. is donating 40% of its gross profit margin from sales of all Emporio Armani RED products directly to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS in Africa," the Milan fashion house explained.

Emporio Armani is one of the five partner brands collaborating with Bono and Bobby Shriver in a project to create sustainable private sector to finance the fund.

Scheduled for Thursday evening, Sept. 21, the catwalk show will be recorded for later television broadcast. Armani is still firming up the location of the show, expected to attract some 2,000 people.

Armani has only ever staged one regular season Emporio show outside of Italy, in New York in 1998. In the same era, French authorities did maddeningly halt, at the last minute, an Armani extravaganza in St Germain's Place Sulpice.

"This city is the most innovative and inclusive of the world's fashion capitals, so it is appropriate that Emporio Armani RED should be launched here. The RED initiative has been inspirational," said British Fashion Council Chief Executive Hilary Riva.

--ChinaDaily

dsmith2904 said:
Armani and Red to Catwalk in London
The Armani release was revealing in that it spelled out on the conditions between brand RED. "Giorgio Armani S.p.A. is donating 40% of its gross profit margin from sales of all Emporio Armani RED products directly to the Global Fund to Fight AIDS in Africa," the Milan fashion house explained.

--ChinaDaily

Wow, 40%? That's huge. I hope other retailers follow his example.

Re: Re: (05-25-2006) Armani and Red to Catwalk in London -- ChinaDaily*

oktobergirl said:

Wow, 40%? That's huge. I hope other retailers follow his example.

no kidding. that is a lot. pretty impressive.

Back
Top Bottom