(05-17-2005) Who Should Replace Kylie at Glastonbury? -- NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Who Should Replace Kylie at Glastonbury?

KYLIE MINOGUE has cancelled her appearance at GLASTONBURY FESTIVAL - and now we want you to let us know who you think should replace her.

Kylie announced this morning that all forthcoming tour dates will not go ahead while she receives treatment for breast cancer.

Glastonbury Festival organisers said in a statement: "Glastonbury Festival was saddened to hear the news that Kylie Minogue has been diagnosed with breast cancer...our thoughts are with Kylie at this very difficult time."

So now organisers have to find a replacement for the Pyramid Stage headline slot on June 26. Who should it be? Rock veterans like The Rolling Stones, U2 or Oasis? An indie rock outfit like Kings Of Leon or Snow Patrol? No?

Send your own personal, realistic choice to news@nme.com and we’ll pass your wish list on to the organisers.

--NME

Not very likely is it, with these dates..

June 24th Dublin - Croke Park, Sold Out
Support Act: Paddy Casey, Snow Patrol
June 25th Dublin - Croke Park, Sold Out
Support Act: Radiators
June 27th Dublin - Croke Park, Sold Out

The 26th is free for u2,I doubt that they would do it but it is possible,it would only be a helicopter ride away to get to glastonbury from dublin,they would only need a limited amount of gear as the stage,pa,video etc is all in place. Would be fantastic if they did as I will be there!!

Last edited:
Hahaha! Who else would....WET THEMSELF...if U2 suddenly decided to get their equipment to PILTON in order to play a closing set at Glastonbury?? I think we'd have a new best ever closer (sadly, knocking off BOWIE!)

Back
Top Bottom