(05-12-2005) Design work to begin on U2 Tower - RTE*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Design work to begin on U2 Tower

The Dublin Docklands Authority has announced that it has appointed a number of consultants to begin design work on the U2 Tower.

The landmark development on the Grand Canal Dock will house U2's new recording studios.

The design, which was chosen from over 500 entries in an architectural competition, features a unique twisting tower. The top two floors of the tower will contain the exclusive recording studios for the band.

Gráinne Hollywood, Director of Property, Docklands Authority, said, "The U2 Tower will provide a unique and remarkable icon for the Docklands and the city."

"The project has received interest from a range of high calibre consultants. We are delighted to have appointed companies with such extensive international experience and expertise in their individual areas," she said.

The appointed consultants are Arup Consulting Engineers (Façade Engineer), Buro Happold (Fire Safety Consultant), Arup Consulting Engineers (M&E Engineer), Dennis Rooney Associates (Project Supervisor Design Stage), PKS David Langdon (Quantity Surveyors) and McCarthy Hyder (Structural Engineers).

Additional consultants are due to be appointed in the areas of Project Management, Acoustics, Lighting, and Build-ability.

Burdon Dunne Craig Henry of Dublin were appointed architects of the tower in 2004.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2005/0512/u2.html

Well remember it will take a while to build, don't expect a new album just because they're building a new studio...

Ha ha...Only the forum?
Ive been listening and reading this kind of rumours for more than 15 years my friend
I think people are afraid that something like that will happen so they talk about it, they are in some way expressing their fears, instead of apreciating that they are still around

I tell you something. To quit is not that easy. If someday and in someway they do they will definately come back
When you feel so loved, so cheered, so admired by the world you just cant let it go
Bono said once"Megalomania was in me since a very early age" And you know...still is
Bono needs the fans, the people, the performances, and i bet you the rest of the boys also
Right now they are enjoying being in a band more than ever

They wont quit.
Don't even think of it

I've been reading these kind of rumours for over 15 years too, my friend. Don't worry.

But if you think they will never quit, you're not actually being realistic. U2 have often said they want to stay relevant. That is just as difficult (if not more) as it is to quit.
Bono also said: "Two crap albums in a row and you're out".

I didn't say they will quit. I said they won't. Why else build a new studio? That was my point, thinking back on the rumours on the forum. Don't put words in my mouth.

One day they will quit.
I'll think whatever I want.

"One day they will quit.
I'll think whatever I want"

You see? those are your words!!
Nobody is puting words in your mouth but you Electrical Voice

To leave the game when you are on top is very hard. U2 won't do that, they want to go as far as they can go, to break all the possible records, to be the greatest band ever etc...
Music is their lives, right now they make music for the passion, for the desire to perform live, where they truly live
As long as they are healthy, and nothing bad happens, they will be around

U2 won't release 2 crap albums in a row. Ever. That is not going to happen. They have released 11 brilliant studio albums, they wont release 2 crap albums now, and in a row?

They are still young , in their mid 40's so there's plenty of gas
Dont fear

Yes they are my words now, after you put them there ;)

But I think so too. I fear nothing.

I'm just glad I will be able to visit Hanover this summer ... before they tear it down. I'm staying in Dublin a couple of extra days when I'm going to Croke.
Anyone else doing that?

Back
Top Bottom