(05-07-2006) Dunedin Blue Jays to Host Bono Birthday Fundraiser Ball Game -- AWF*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Dunedin Blue Jays to Host Bono Birthday Fundraiser Ball Game

AWF is thrilled that the Toronto Blue Jays minor league team in Dunedin, Florida will be hosting a Bono birthday night on May 10th, to fundraise and promote Bono's birthday -

Wednesday, May 10
Knology Park, Dunedin (Clearwater/St. Petersbury metro area)
Dunedin Blue Jays vs. Palm Beach Cardinals - 7:00 PM
To purchase tickets for this game call: (727) 733-9302

Play Baseball to Build A Well for Bono's Birthday

The Dunedin Blue Jays are excited to be holding a promotion for our 4th Annual Build A Well For Bono's Birthday fundraising drive. This will be the very first fundraiser of its kind for AWF. Local supporters of the AWF and Africare (as well as the usual baseball fans) are encouraged to come out and support the Blue Jays and AWF!

U2 fans and others inspired by Bono's activism on behalf of Africa are invited to make a donation in his honor at Knology Park on May 10th. This year the funds raised will be used for a clean water project in Zimbabwe.

**Any fan wearing U2 apparel will get in the game for only $3. So come out and watch some baseball, listen to some U2 music, and help a great cause.

Go Team!!

--African Well Fund

File that under the 'really fucking random idea' category :drool:
What next, Sting night?

I would like to thank the Dunedin Blue Jays for hosting this fundraiser for the AWF.

I think that it's an AWESOME way to raise awareness of the issues of extreme poverty and the role that clean water has in a community's development and higher standard of living.

Plus to host the event on Bono's birthday is just icing on the cake!

Much respect, Dunedin Blue Jays, and MUCH SUCCESS. :applaud:

BTW..how long is the fundraiser going on..., and can you link me to the site? I wanted to give a donation earlier but I've had some finacial setback s the past 2 months....but if you're still collecting, on Friday I can.....thanks!

And you guys might be interested to know...tomorrow, May 10, is also the 18th anniversary of my becoming a "Christian"....my 2nd baptism. I didn't know it was the B-man's birthday at the time, even though I was a fan. God sure had a strange sense of humor....

:wink:

Teta040 said:

And you guys might be interested to know...tomorrow, May 10, is also the 18th anniversary of my becoming a "Christian"....my 2nd baptism. I didn't know it was the B-man's birthday at the time, even though I was a fan. God sure had a strange sense of humor....

Teta, I think I read your story in another forum here :hug:

The fundraiser unofficially ended this week but you can donate any time, not just for Bono's birthday. thank you so much!

No problem...count it toward next year then!

And Liv.....you sure have a good memory. Thanks for the :hug: . I've sure needed them over the past few months....

Teta040 said:
No problem...count it toward next year then!

And Liv.....you sure have a good memory. Thanks for the :hug: . I've sure needed them over the past few months....

I read it twice, once more recently because I was writing a comm. theory paper and was interested in reactions to U2's music from a religious and non-religious perspective. The posts in TGIS, especially yours, were very insightful.

Back
Top Bottom