(05-06-2005) U2 on CNN's People in the News - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 on CNN's People in the News

Interference reader Redrover has let us know that CNN will premiere a new U2 episode of "People in the News" on Saturday, May 14th at 5pm EST. Please check your local listings for your airtimes.

The description of the episode from RockOnTV states the following:
"The story of how U2's managed to stay together for more than 25 years-- the friendship, faith, and friction behind the band's remarkable run."

The episode will also feature an update on Dave Matthews and his band's new album.

For more information on CNN's "People in the News," please go here.

Me too....I liked the Bono segment.....I was wondering when we might see the rest of U2.

I normally watch CNN but I'll be sure not to miss it.....they normally run it a few times during the weekend.

:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge:

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Me too....I liked the Bono segment.....I was wondering when we might see the rest of U2.

I normally watch CNN but I'll be sure not to miss it.....they normally run it a few times during the weekend.

:larry: :adam: :bono: :edge:

What Bono segment??
I've been in training for a new job for 4 weeks. Was this in the last month or so???
There was a People in the News scheduled on CNN some time ago but it never aired.
I'll definitely be watching/taping on the 14th
Thanks
:wink:

I always watch CNN's People In The News every weekend ... because it is such a GREAT program ... :applaud:
I cannot wait to see this U2 episode ... :drool:
It's definitely gonna be worth programming the DVR ... :yes:

Yeah, when was the Bono segment? I thought they kept dropping that. Unless you're talking about an older one.

Hopefully they will air this U2 episode, and not change it at the last second. LOL!

I'm watching it right now, but there's no U2 at all!:(
It's just about Dave Mathews Band and Usher!:madspit:

It came on here at 4PM (Central). Good segment.:up: Even though I have seen alot of the clips quite a few times already. and even have some on video.
But it still was good to see them again on the tube... :wink:

I watched it as well. There wasn't much new, but it's always fun to see them. While I was looking for a cassette to tape this, I came across the Larry King interview of Bono, and just finished watching that again. I'd forgotten how good that was.
By the way, I keep wondering why the Biography channel has never done a show on U2 or Bono. They've done shows on practically everyone, including Vanna White (!) How they could possibly fill an hour on someone who makes a living turning letters is beyond me!

I just can't understand why Cnn didn't aired the same People In The News here. I always thought it airs everywhere the same.:(
I got my cassette ready to tape it, but there was just Dave Matthews Band and Usher...:sad:
Can't even understand why... When on the official site of CNN it says they aired People In The News with U2 and Dave Matthews Band. Here it was with Usher instead of U2.:(

riderka said:
I just can't understand why Cnn didn't aired the same People In The News here. I always thought it airs everywhere the same.:(
I got my cassette ready to tape it, but there was just Dave Matthews Band and Usher...:sad:
Can't even understand why... When on the official site of CNN it says they aired People In The News with U2 and Dave Matthews Band. Here it was with Usher instead of U2.:(

Well that sucks. CNN is in control of their programing. Seems these cable channels are so apt to change their program on a whim and its infuriating.:eyebrow:
Things like this happen in the US all the time too. (are you outside the US? Otherwise it's a local station issue)
But I will say if you don't get a chance to see this, don't fret, you've probably seen alot of these clips anyway if you follow U2 much - and it wasn't a great deal more than a montage of already published quotes and clips from interviews I've already seen. But it is U2 - you know, so I understand your dissappointment.:| :(

sue4u2 said:

Well that sucks. CNN is in control of their programing. Seems these cable channels are so apt to change their program on a whim and its infuriating.:eyebrow:
Things like this happen in the US all the time too. (are you outside the US? Otherwise it's a local station issue)
But I will say if you don't get a chance to see this, don't fret, you've probably seen alot of these clips anyway if you follow U2 much - and it wasn't a great deal more than a montage of already published quotes and clips from interviews I've already seen. But it is U2 - you know, so I understand your dissappointment.:| :(

Thank you for explanation.
I'm from Slovakia. I only hope that I have seen a lot of these clips, but still it's U2 as you said. I'm happy to see them here on TV even if it's a thing I already saw but it just made my day then or at least a little bit... I think every U2 fan feels so or similar to it.:wink:
Thanks Sue4u2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom