(04-28-2005) Canadian U2 Fans Rise to Bono's Challenge -- PRWeb*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Canadian U2 Fans Rise to Bono's Challenge to Paul Martin to Make Poverty History

Vancouver, Canada (PRWEB) April 28, 2005 -- As Canadian U2 fans arrive tonight and tomorrow night outside GM Place in Vancouver to see U2"s Vertigo show, they will have a unique opportunity to sign a giant white banner in support of the 2005 worldwide ONE Campaign to Make Poverty History.

"I implore this prime minister. I think he's a good man, and I think this is the moment to be a real leader, " Bono said in a CBC interview last Saturday challenging Paul Martin to commit to Canada"s spending on foreign aid to reach 0.7% of gross domestic product by 2015. "It's a time for real leadership. I understand there's problems at home. I understand it's hard to get time to focus on this, " he added. Bono has long crusaded for Third World causes and is one of the many big celebrities supporting a 2005 global campaign to end poverty. Bono urged Canadians to pressure the Prime Minister to keep his promise. Canadian U2 fans have taken up the challenge.

The Canadian U2 Fan Banner Campaign supports the Canadian coalition to Make Poverty History with a goal to gather 100,000 signatures on a giant white banner with www.makepovertyhistory.ca in English and French that will crisscross the country at U2 concerts in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and ultimately in Ottawa in November. The Ottawa concert will be "a great celebration party" for 18,000 fans Bono promised if Canadians continue to call on the PM.

Back
Top Bottom