(04-27-2007) Alicia's 'Batman to Bono's Robin' - Virgin Media*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Alicia's 'Batman to Bono's Robin'

Bono and Alicia Keys have bonded over humanitarian issues to begin a blossoming friendship - and Alicia says she often looks to the U2 frontman for advice.

"We want to be the voice of people who are voiceless at times and I think that's what connects us," she said.

"I love to be called and I love to call him as well - I learn a lot from him," Alicia added of the singer, who in turn joked that she's fast becoming Batman to his Robin.

The pair teamed up for British-made documentary We Are Together, about the musical aspirations of the children of South Africa's Agape Orphanage, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival.

Bono said: "Our heroes were people like [Bob] Marley, Marvin Gaye, Bob Dylan and John Lennon - they whispered all this in our ear and coming out of listening to these people, we're following our heroes in this road."

Alicia, who makes a guest appearance performing alongside the children of the orphanage at New York's famed Carnegie Hall, said that the film's theme also helps raise awareness for her own cause.

"My organisation, Keep A Child Alive, which Bono truly supports, is about providing the antiretroviral medications to families that could never afford it.

"One of the main parts of this film that you'll see is that the [film's main character] Slindile Moya's parents would both still be alive if they'd had the medications that they need. It's just impossible to ignore."

http://musicnews.virginmedia.com/news/?news_id=12550

"I was thinkin' 'bout Alicia Keys, couldn't keep from crying
When she was born in Hell's Kitchen, I was living down the line
I'm wondering where in the world Alicia Keys could be
I been looking for her even clear through Tennessee."
— Bob Dylan, "Thunder On the Mountain" from "Modern Times"

Bob, just give Bono a call.

Back
Top Bottom