(04-27-2005) U2 Video Shoot Attracts a Crowd -- CBC*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Video Shoot Attracts a Crowd

VANCOUVER – Thousands of U2 fans lined up at Vancouver's GM Place on Wednesday to be part of the hugely popular band's latest music video.

Bono and the band had put out a call for help, looking for 4,000 people for the video shoot – just a day before they take the stage for Thursday night's concert.

Some fans say they had an inside scoop, while others heard it first on the radio.

Paula Martin and 12 co-workers were first in line, arriving at GM Place at 6:30 a.m. – ditching work for the day to secure a place in the production.

Martin says nothing could have kept her away from her favourite band, telling CBC"s CanadaNow, "I love them."

Another fan says he risked his marriage to be in line, and had a message for his wife. "I stood up to my wife. I love you honey."

Many in line already have tickets for one of the band's two upcoming Vancouver shows, which they say will be the biggest concerts here this year.

--CBC

haha, did anyone else read at first "Paul Martin" was first in line, rather than Paula Martin?

Wouldn't surprise me knowing how much our Prime Minister needs his support right now :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
so they're faking a concert for the video? :hmm:

Seems strange, as they're in the middle of an actual tour, doesn't it? Maybe the audience plays a more active role in the theme of the video. Or, maybe it's just a lighting issue.

Back
Top Bottom