(04-26-2007) U2 to release DVD from PopMart tour - Rock Radio*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 to release DVD from PopMart tour

Wednesday, April 25th, was the 10th anniversary of the opening night on U2's PopMart tour, and the band marked the occasion by announcing a tour DVD is on the way. PopMart Live From Mexico City was originally released on home video in 1998, and the DVD version will have improved audio and video, including a new 5.1 Surround Sound mix. It will be available as a single CD featuring the concert, and as a two-disc package with bonuses including unreleased live footage and audio material. The PopMart Live From Mexico City DVD should be out this summer, though an exact release date hasn't been made public.

PopMart Live From Mexico City was shot December 3rd, 1997, at the Foro Sol Autodromo in Mexico City.

The tracklisting includes:
DISC ONE (the concert) -- "Pop Muzik," "Mofo," "I Will Follow," "Gone," "Even Better Than The Real Thing," "Last Night On Earth," "Until The End Of The World," "New Year's Day," "Pride (In The Name Of Love)," "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For," "All I Want Is You," "Desire," "Staring At The Sun," "Sunday Bloody Sunday," "Bullet The Blue Sky," "Please," "Where The Streets Have No Name," "Lemon (Perfecto Mix)," "Discothèque," "If You Wear That Velvet Dress," "With Or Without You," "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me," "Mysterious Ways," "One," and "Wake Up Dead Man."
DISC TWO (in the special edition) -- the bonus live tracks "Please," "Where The Streets Have No Name," "Discotheque," and "If You Wear That Velvet Dress," which were recorded live at Feyenoord Stadium in Rotterdam on July 18th, 1997, and "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me," "Mysterious Ways," and "One," which were recorded live at Commonwealth Stadium in Edmonton, Alberta, on June 14th, 1997; the bonus video tracks "Staring At The Sun (Miami version)" and "Last Night On Earth - First Night In Hell (Remix version)"; the documentaries Lemon For Sale, The Road To Sarajevo, A Tour Of The Tour, and Last Night On Earth - One Day In Kansas; a PopMart tour visuals montage; screensavers; wallpapers; and web links.

The Rock Radio online
http://www.therockradio.com/2007/04/u2-to-release-dvd-from-popmart-tour.html

That's awesome!

The Pop era is definitely one stage in U2's career that I've never really become familiar with in terms of live performance etc. so this will go a long way I think.

Last edited:
The bonus features are totally worth getting the 2 disc edition. :)

Needle_Chill said:
That's awesome!

The Pop era is definitely one stage in U2's career that I've never really become familiar with in terms of live performance etc. so this will go a long way I think.

Put it this way, your Vertigo Chicago DVD will probably hang itself within a week of you purchasing this Popmart one.

Needle_Chill said:
That's awesome!

prepare to be disappointed.

Popmart was tha band at an absolute low performance wise.

MrBrau1 said:

prepare to be disappointed.

Popmart was tha band at an absolute low performance wise.

I know you sincerely believe this, but you are sincerely wrong my friend.
Just get it. You'll come around. Take my word for it. :wink:
(or not, it doesn't really matter now does it)

I don't think he's necessarily wrong. He's certainly right if he's talking about the first half of the tour, but I don't think it applies at all to the last third. I think they must have gotten a confidence boost once they found a more receptive European audience, and from there the shows started to get better and better.

Finally!

My VHS tape is worn out from playing this so often. This is the live video I keep going back to again and again. Amazing performance from beginning to end. This tour and album keep getting bashed and I can't figure out why. If anyone ever talks shit about POP or POPMART, just play them the first 30-40 minutes of this concert (intro thru New Year's Day). They'll shut up!

I'm definitely looking forward to getting this! :up:

I've seen snippets of the concert on the computer, but it will be great to see the full thing on my TV with surround sound! :drool:

Popmart Leeds 97 was amazing, so vital, the atmosphere loaded after comments by George Harrison, it really went off that night.

U2's coolest era...Can't wait to get this, even though I have a bootleg...lol I want to see the bonus features :drool:

you know this is great for the pop era but U2 have to really release a set of live CD's soon...

will be bought for sure.... didn't mind the shorter I Will Follow myself. something about the way they did it on that tour...

or Last Night On Earth. definitely another highlight for me.

majid23 said:
U2's coolest era...Can't wait to get this, even though I have a bootleg...lol I want to see the bonus features :drool:

Don't have a bootleg of Mexico City but do have one of the Aug/97 - Landsdowne Road, Dublin concert.
The energy is just phenomenal, but Mexico City is just a different level, so I've heard.
So this will be new to me. :drool:
I soooo can't wait. :hyper:

Back
Top Bottom