(04-24-2007) Don't Miss It: Bono to appear on American Idol - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono to appear on American Idol

Bono is set to appear on a special episode of 'American Idol', which will air tomorrow night in the US.

The episode entitled 'Idol Gives Back' will see Bono make an appearance on behalf on the ONE campaign, which is fighting extreme poverty.

The U2 frontman will meet with the Idol contestants to talk with them about ONE and they will also perform 'American Prayer,' a song written by Bono and Dave Stewart about the AIDS emergency in Africa.

Tomorrow night's show (April 25) is a two-hour special hosted by Ellen De Generes and will feature appearances by Kelly Clarkson, Gwen Stefani, Earth, Wind & Fire, Keira Knightley, Hugh Grant, Josh Groban with the African Children's Choir, Jack Black, Quincy Jones, Annie Lennox and many more.

--By our New York staff.
http://www.nme.com/news/gwen-stefani/27908

Discoteque said:
NOOOOO! He's sinking to new depths! :scream: :no:

OR, the guy will do absolutely ANYTHING to help out those in need. I hate AI too, but if being a part of one of their shows could lead towards helping people in DIRE need, I'd do it in a heartbeat. This is not about the self-indulgence of AI, this is about saving lives which is all that matters.

Discoteque said:
NOOOOO! He's sinking to new depths! :scream: :no:

I was all set to be horrified too, but then AI showed a segment on a woman in Africa with AIDS who had two children. She was like a skeleton and died two days after they had filmed her. If this show causes a few more people to help than they normally would, Bono losing a few cool points is okay.

edited to add: And then they showed dead Elvis, and that really horrified me :reject:.

Last edited:
It was cool to see Bono focused on the Idols and not the show by showing up at rehearsal.

Back
Top Bottom