(04-13-2005) Jake Berry, Production Director -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Jake Berry, Production Director

As part of its on-going "On the Road" interview series, U2.com is featuring short Q&As with various members of the U2 touring crew. The latest interview is with Jake Berry, production director.

The members-only interview can be accessed here. A snippet of the interview is below:

Favourite memory of life on the road
We were in Boston on the last tour and it was my birthday. I was about 49 I think, and Bono used to start the tour by walking through the crowd from the back. I always felt I should walk down and make sure everything was OK. But on this night I was stopped by a security guy. ‘I don’t care who you are,’ he said. ‘We have been instructed by the band that no one goes down here.’ He told me to stand way back out of the way, because Bono was coming through and he didn’t want to see me or anyone.

Then Bono did come running by and as he saw me, he stopped, came over to me, gave me a big hug and wished me ‘Happy Birthday’ - then he carried on his way to the stage. I didn’t say anything to the security guy who was watching this scene – but I felt pretty good when I caught his eye!

--U2.com

Back
Top Bottom