(04-12-2005) Interpol Sees Circus as Part of U2 Opening Slot -- XFM*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Interpol Sees Circus as Part of U2 Opening Slot

Editor's Note: In this snippet from an interview with British radio station XFM, the guys from Interpol joked about what fans can expect when the band opens for U2 this summer.

We’re doing the stadium rock thing supporting U2 soon,” drummer Sam Fogarino considers, “So maybe we’ll take it up a notch with a circus theme. Lions, tigers, I dunno, some monkeys running around. Maybe just a huge rainbow, animals filling the stage and a cover of ‘Shiny Happy People’. That’s quite Interpol, right?”

--XFM

"So maybe we’ll take it up a notch with a circus theme. Lions, tigers, I dunno, some monkeys running around. Maybe just a huge rainbow, animals filling the stage and a cover of ‘Shiny Happy People’. That’s quite Interpol, right?”
:lmao:

The "zoo" theme's already been done at U2 conerts...though, uh, this would certainly be a much-more literal interpretation of the idea by Interpol. As long as they don't invite Seigfried & Roy up there...!

a little bit off topic but didn't one of them (seigfriend and roy, not interpol) get mauled by one of their own tigers?

:giggle:

Back
Top Bottom