(04-03-2005) Fourth Show, Fourth Set List -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Fourth Show, Fourth Set List

Take nothing for granted on this tour! Another twist tonight.

The band mixed up the set list again tonight. Report on the way, meantime
here’s the set list:

Love and Peace
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry/ Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh / Into the Heart
City of Blinding Lights
Beautiful Day
Miracle Drug,
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
New Year's Day
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Running to Stand Still
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets Have No Name,
One
All Because Of You
Yahweh
‘40’

For more on U2's fourth show, read the U2.com article here.

--U2.com

Last edited:
Now THIS is more like it! :D

I always thought that COBL as an opener was the worst decision ever. Way too weak to get the whole thing going and underway.

i still don't understand the fuss about it!!!!
it´s the same set of musics just in diferent positions.
but you all make me laugh a lot about this fuss about the set lists on the shows.
it makes me remember a sketch, i think original from monthy python, a game where two oponents just look to each other without moving a single muscle while a comentator goes wilde about it, describing moves no one can see in the most emotional style :giggle:

painatal said:
i still don't understand the fuss about it!!!!
it´s the same set of musics just in diferent positions.
but you all make me laugh a lot about this fuss about the set lists on the shows.
it makes me remember a sketch, i think original from monthy python, a game where two oponents just look to each other without moving a single muscle while a comentator goes wilde about it, describing moves no one can see in the most emotional style :giggle:
:shrug:

DaveC said:
Now THIS is more like it! :D

I always thought that COBL as an opener was the worst decision ever. Way too weak to get the whole thing going and underway.

Hi Dave:

First, button your shirt in your photograph. You're starting to dress too much like Bono. :wink:

I love CoBL, and I think it worked as an opener, but I'm not opposed to other songs. Trouble is, I'm not sure "Love & Peace" is that much stronger of an opener than CoBL. The Elevation tour opened with "Elevation", which really got the concert off to a blazing start. As such, I just assumed "Vertigo" would open the Vertigo concerts and have the same effect. Maybe later in the tour this will happen. Regardless, as of this moment, I'm still not sure which song is the best opener, but I am happy it's a HTDAAB song. :yes:

And I have to agree with the other posters saying that while the set list is mixed up, the actual songs haven't changed much. It's nice that if a person actually went to two shows in a particular city, he/she would hear some different songs - but I really think U2 could mix up the set list a lot more than this.

Eh, it's still early. Don't want to bitch. I'm just glad to see all this variation - even if it is order and a few different songs. The last time we saw so much variety on different nights was with the LoveTown tour (and even then...). So it's a good thing!

Thankyou U2... Love and Peace followed by Vertigo is perfect..
COBL was good for a change and I love the song but not as good IMO.

Hi!

I'd be happy to see a U2 concert no matter what the playlist. But since that won't be.....I'll just sit back and let the rest of you all comment.
:sad:

carol
wizard2c
:|

I attended the 4/2 show at Anaheim, and I thought it was a fantastic show - no complaints whatsoever (except being short and on the floor, you can understand). Loved the opening with LAPOE. Larry played right in front of us, and when Bono took over the drums, he was soooo into it and and and... it was just so great. Going into Vertigo next was great - this was a great crowd to boot. The place was wild. Loved every minute of it.!!!:wink:

the set list fails to mention that Bono sang a few lines of Blackbird (the Beatles song), I just can't remember at the end of which song it was... See you in L.A. this week!

Back
Top Bottom