(03-26-2005) Two Days to Go -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Two Days to Go

Editor's Note: Because this story was posted on U2.com on the 25th but posted on Interference.com on the 26th, the headline and parts of the story have been updated for timeliness and accuracy.

The band are in the final stages of rehearsals before the opening of the tour on Monday.

With just two days to go before nine months of shows, U2 are in Los Angeles putting the final touches to 'Vertigo 2005'

Last night they ran through one possible set list, with an alternative version expected tonight, Friday.

On Saturday evening a small number of fans who have won local radio station competitions will get to hear some of the new material.

Both Gavin Friday, longtime friend of the band, and Steve Lillywhite, producer of 'How to Dismantle An Atomic Bomb', are working with U2 on final preparations.

The U2.com team have just arrived and will be posting regular stories and pictures as the tour opens. Watch this space. We don't want to spoil the surprise by revealing what's in store - let's just say, we were knocked out!

--U2.com

Last edited:
beli said:
Perhaps you could footnote that the article has been altered by this site.

A note has been added. As I said before, the numbers were changed in the article for the sake of accuracy, a common practice when articles are picked up on wires and such and run on different days in different places (like if an interview with a band mentions when they're coming to town, it gets updated for the various places the article is run).

Yeah, I know about the edits/lies made by journalists. I have had my words completely twisted by journalists to suit their story.

Thanks for adding the "editors note". It makes this article honest now.

peace.

Back
Top Bottom