(03-24-2005) AWF Launches 3rd Annual Bono Birthday Fundraiser -- PRWeb*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
African Well Fund Launches 3rd Annual Bono Birthday Fundraiser!

The African Well Fund announces plans for its 3rd annual "Build a Well for Bono's Birthday" fundraising campaign. The African Well Fund is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization formed by U2 fans to raise money to build wells in Africa.

(PRWEB) March 23, 2005 -- The African Well Fund launches its 3rd Annual “Build a Well For Bono’s Birthday,” on March 27. From March 27 to May 1, the African Well Fund will be collecting donations in honor of Bono’s May 10th birthday.

The African Well Fund was formed when fans of U2 responded to the political activism of U2’s front man Bono, focusing specifically on the issue of clean water access within the African continent. Setting Bono’s May 10th birthday as the focal point for fundraising, the African Well Fund’s previous two birthday fundraisers have raised more than $25,000 to build wells in Africa. The AWF will be campaigning throughout the month of April. Fans are invited to visit www.africanwellfund.org for complete instructions on how to donate. After donating, fans are invited to leave an online birthday message for Bono. The messages will be collected and delivered to him, along with a “Well Share” for the amount raised.

This year’s campaign is an especially exciting one, as it coincides with the first leg of U2’s Vertigo tour. African Well Fund volunteers will be out in force at all spring Vertigo tour dates distributing information about the fundraiser. The African Well Fund is actively seeking participation from tour city radio stations and collaboration with pre-concert events to highlight this issue.

All donations from the campaign go directly to Africare’s water project programs. Africare is one of the leading private, non -profit charitable U.S. organizations assisting Africa. For more information please visit www.africare.org. The African Well Fund was founded to focus on one achievable goal: providing access to clean water for everyone in Africa. The African Well Fund believes that access to clean water is not merely a basic human need but a basic human right.

The African Well Fund is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization that was founded in 2002. Since that time, the African Well Fund has raised over $70,000 to fund water projects. For more information about these projects, please visit www.africanwellfund.org and click on Our Wells.

Thanks sue4u2!

Just in time for the Vertigo tour! The fundraising kicks off this weekend, Sunday night to be exact in San Diego. It's going to be a busy , crazy month, and we're hoping this to be the most amazing month of fundraising U2 fans have ever seen.:rockon:

Last edited:
every time I heard about things like this I feel sooo Proud of being a U2 fan!!
It's incredible... the amount of passions, ideas, events that are created thanks ti the inspiration we got from this band is incredible!

If we can shell out all our money on U2 concerts, I think we should be able to contribute a decent amount to help the AWF build water wells in Africa.

What better way can we thank Bono for all that he's done and for all that he means to us than to help the people that he cares the most about - the People of Africa?

Makes good sense to me. :wink:

I have been a follower and a volunteer of the AWF since its inception and can tell you that this endeavor is TRULY A LABOR OF LOVE for everyone who is involved in it.

Every water well that is built in an African community will bring YEARS OF HOPE AND JOY to the people who live in the community.

Clean drinking water is ESSENTIAL to a good quality of life - please do what you can to support this most worthy endeavor of the AWF.

The fact that we're building water wells to honor Bono for his birthday is additional incentive to participate!

Take very good care, my friends. Blessings always.

ONE, debbie :up:

rileybug said:
I also feel proud reading this, great job AWF people.

thanks but it's all the fans who contribute who make the fundraisers a success!

Thanks to the generosity of U2 fans all over the world, the 3rd annual “Build a Well for Bono’s Birthday” is off to a tremendous start! Midway through the campaign, over $10,000 has been raised. As wonderful as that amount is, we would love to double or even triple it. This is an entirely reachable goal -- the money raised so far has been through the generosity of approximately 300 fans, and we know there are thousands of us out there! Working together we can truly make this a birthday to remember for Bono while at the same time changing lives in Africa forever.

If you have not donated yet, there is still time: the campaign runs through May 1st. Just visit http://www.africanwellfund.org/Bono-Well-2005.html for all the details on how to donate and sign the card.

If you would like to help further, please visit http://www.africanwellfund.org/BBW3-Downloads.html for downloadable banners, avatars and brochures.

Last edited:
Thanks Boston Anne,
I'm sending this link to the stations I think will air this and hopefully tomorrow. They are big U2 fans, according to their newsletters and I plan to hold them accountable to air this.
I'll be listening...
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom