(03-18-2005) U2 Inducted into Rock Hall -- Artisan News*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Inducted into Rock Hall

U2 was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame last night at New York City's Waldorf-Astoria on Monday night (March 14). To become eligible a band must have released their first record twenty-five years prior to the date they're eligible for induction. U2 released their album twenty five years ago, and singer Bono said during the band's acceptance speech that he feels like their latest album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb is the band's first.

The U2 frontman said he's honored to go in, but even more honored that the band is going in on top of their game.

"Rolling Stone puts us on the cover of the magazine. Thank you very much Jann [Wenner]. MTV and VH1 still play our videos. College radio still believes in our band, and makes the band still believe in ourselves. It's an amazing place to be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame feeling like this, feeling like you just put out your first album. It's a nice feeling, a very very special feeling. And I see around friends and people that we've worked for for a long time and generally don't do the big thank you speeches just because they're boring -- but why stop the tradition of a lifetime. It's too many people in the room to thank, but I'd like to thank the really gorgeous women that worked for us for a long time because they're fun to thank."

U2 was presented into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame by Bruce Springsteen, who gave a very humorous speech about his friends band, U2 was joined at the ceremony for presentation into the hall by fellow inductees Buddy Guy, The Pretenders, The O'Jays, Percy Sledge, talent agent Frank Barsalona and record executive Seymour Stein.

To listen to audio or view video from the event, click here.

Courtesy Artisan News Service (www.artisannews.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom