(03-14-2005) Fall U2 Tour Tickets Go Flying - Billboard*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Fall U2 Tour Tickets Go Flying

As expected, tickets for the fall leg of U2's Vertigo tour in North America sold out quickly, resulting in the addition of several dates. Twelve cities went on sale Saturday, bringing in 23 more sold-out performances.

This morning in New York, tickets quickly sold for Oct. 7-8 and 10 shows at Madison Square Garden. Two more concerts were added for Oct. 11 and 14, and also immediately sold out. As a result, a final two performances -- Nov. 21-22 -- have been confirmed, with tickets going on sale March 21.

On Saturday in Chicago, where fans had already purchased more than 76,000 tickets for sellouts on May 7, 9-10 and 12, an additional two shows for Sept. 20-21 sold out immediately.

In Boston, where U2 had previously sold out shows for May 24, 26 and 28, an additional two shows for Oct. 3-4 were announced and sold out in 10 minutes. A return engagement on Dec. 4-5 has also sold out.

Additional shows have been added in Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Detroit and Los Angeles, while shows in Tampa, Fla., Houston, Dallas and Portland, Ore., were quick sellouts.

The 13 remaining fall Vertigo shows go on sale this weekend. The tour begins March 28 in San Diego.

As previously reported, U2 will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame tonight (March 14) in New York.

-- Ray Waddell, Nashville
Copyright 2004 Billboard

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000837900

:rockon:

"This morning in New York, tickets quickly sold for Oct. 7-8 and 10 shows at Madison Square Garden. Two more concerts were added for Oct. 11 and 14, and also immediately sold out. As a result, a final two performances -- Nov. 21-22 -- have been confirmed, with tickets going on sale March 21."

I'm glad more people are going to get to the shows. I'm very pleased with my Atlanta GA, it's something I didn't expect to get! I hope I see other Interlanders in Atlanta.

HelloAngel said:
Fall U2 Tour Tickets Go Flying

Additional shows have been added in Philadelphia, Washington D.C., Atlanta, Detroit and Los Angeles,

Did they add more shows in LA?

I thought they didn't!

Re: Re: (03-14-2005) Fall U2 Tour Tickets Go Flying - Billboard*

bort269 said:

Did they add more shows in LA?

I thought they didn't!

The band are returning to LA in the fall with two soldout shows. More LA shows may be planned.

U2girl91289 said:
Is Nov. 21st a definite in NY?

yeah, it's on ticketmaster:

Mon, 11/21/05
08:00 PM U2
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY More Info
currently not on sale

Tue, 11/22/05
08:00 PM U2
Madison Square Garden
New York, NY More Info
currently not on sale

That's why I was confused about the LA comment. It's NOT on ticketmaster!

Nov 21!!

That's my birthday!!! Oh, I hope to go....what a way to close out the tour...I am going to MSG in May and the first fall leg night, but see, the thing about U2 shows is like that they're like potato chips, you can't have just one:)..esp when all your friends are going to multiple MSG fall dates and you're only stuck with 1!

HOLY :censored: ..THIS IS INSANE...This is like the JT tour all over again....:ohmy::

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom