(03-11-2006) Speculation: Vertigo Fate to Be Revealed Tuesday? -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Speculation: Vertigo Fate to Be Revealed Tuesday?

Though U2's Australian dates have been postponed, Bono has put this down time to good use, managing to squeeze in a family holiday and a television interview. According to the Sydney Morning Herald, Bono is being interviewed by ABC reporter Andrew Denton this weekend for a segment to air Monday at 9:35 p.m. For more information about the interview special, click here.

According to the Herald: "Although the singer was relaxing, he is expected to explain some of the personal reasons behind the U2 postponement when he gives an interview to ABC presenter Andrew Denton tomorrow night.

"An ABC spokeswoman confirmed the interview was due to be recorded this weekend, but without a studio audience.

"At this stage, the band plans to honour the Vertigo tour commitment, but management has remained tight-lipped about timing.

"Late yesterday, Bono and his Australian promoter Michael Coppel emerged from Altona before Mr Coppel announced the future of the Vertigo tour would be revealed on Tuesday."

Stay tuned to Interference.com for updates on the Vertigo Tour. You can also get updates on the Australian leg from Michael Coppel Presents.

Last edited:
Well if you click on the link to Coppel's site, it says U2 plan to honor the Vertigo tour dates, however U2's management is being tight lipped about any information at this point. Understandably so. I am going to continue to remain hopeful. This band really does care about their fans, and they are a class act, even in their darkest hours.

Denton's a good interviewer, so it will definitely be worth watching. Better then parkinson...

Please let them come -- I can cope with any postponement as long as there's a date to look forward to. It must be so serious to make U2 make this decision...

I was listening to an Orlando radio station last night (96.5) and after they played New Years Day the guy said that the dates were cancelled, not postponed. He could have been misinformed however. I'm sure we have more accurate news here than he does.

The shows have not been cancelled, just postponed. LA radio station Star 98.7 was giving away a trip to Hawaii for the tour closer and said that the prize is still good, it just won't be for April like originally thought.

BEVERLY56 said:
I sincerely hope that all the fans whose shows were postponed will get to see them!

Thanks Beverly :) I just hope that all is well with the U2 family soon - whatever follows from that will be a bonus.

JCOSTER only for television I'm afraid. Some highlights are made available after the shows here > http://abc .net .au/tv/enoughrope/video/default.htm Hopefully someone can tape it and upload eventually.

Well the boys are going to tour Australia in November..Confirmed on the Andrew denton show enough rope..Great 1 hr interview with Bono..

Back
Top Bottom