(03-10-2005) Every U2 CD Rated in Blender - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zoocoustic said:
No one in this forum can objectively rate U2.

Maybe so, but the average listener need not "be careful" of either Pop or Zooropa. Clearly Original Soundtracks deserves a warning, as would EP's and probably October. But there is nothing else in the catalogue that the average music fan would not enjoy, much less need to be careful of. I am more upset that people who haven't listened to Pop since '97 - when the critics (and this is coming from a huge Radiohead fan) were so enamored of OK Computer that they used it to take shots at U2 and all of its Pop Mart ironic excesses of the time - are still saying that it was a misstep, or a failure, or an attempt to cash in on techno, or whatever. It was a great album.

i :heart: POP!!! i dont know why pop has such a bad stigma of being a crap album :scratch: is it because it sold poorly? it is such a great album with such great songs. Please is probably my favorite song. and gone is one of their strongest live songs. i dont get it.

I ended up getting this magazine. Was there a health crisis that threatened his life???

Here it is:

"Given the failure of Pop (the last of their dance trilogy), the global hegemony of hip-hop and a health crisis that threatened Bono's voice and then his life, the omens couldn't have been worse. But U2's tenth studio album restored their relevance with a modern respraying of their sound. "Beautiful Day" is an old-school, chest beating rocker, "Stuck in a Moment" is a pop-soul radio smooth feature Bono as Dusty Springfield. The sound of four men pretending they never made Zooropa.

Back
Top Bottom