(03-07-2005) U2 Say Sorry With New Dates -- contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Say Sorry With New Dates

Rockers U2 are hoping to make up to North American fans for a recent ticket sales debacle by announcing new dates this autumn (05).

The group was left apologising to fan club members at February's (05) GRAMMY AWARDS after a pre-sale offer to them fell through, leaving many devotees without tickets for the initial dates on the VERTIGO tour.

But the Irish rockers are working hard with the tour producers to make sure all the technical problems during the initial ticket sale at the beginning of 2005 have now been ironed out for the new dates, which will begin in Toronto, Canada, on 12 September (05).

Meanwhile, U2's first North American dates of the year begin on 28 March (05) in San Diego, California. The group then heads for Europe for a series of summer shows.

The sold-out tour has already grossed $185 million (GBP97.4 million) and it is estimated that by the time Vertigo concludes it will be one of the top grossing treks of all time.

--contactmusic

One of the top grossin tours of all time?
Why isn't it the TOP GROSSING TOUR OF ALL TIME?

is there a tour that passed 185m?

One of the top grossin tours of all time?
Why isn't it the TOP GROSSING TOUR OF ALL TIME?

is there a tour that passed 185m?

Um, how do they come up with these figures? It kind of depresses me. It's like figuring the opening weekend box office gross of, say, Peter Jackson's upcoming King Kong.

Anyhow, that figure may be toast if the Stones go on tour, with their *cough* average higher ticket prices.

You know, I would love to see the Stones but could never afford their prices.

So let me get this straight only the people who couldnt get tix the first go around can get tix now? Those who used there codes are done for the year ? Has anyone received a new code? I haven't gotten any emails.:(

I'd like to know the tour that passed 185 million??

Because E-news states the 1994 Voodoo Lounge tour as the highest grossing tour ever (stated in 2001)which took in $121.2 million. The elevation tour being $109.7 million being second.

PLEASE STANDBY FOR TRANSMISSION: I HEARD SINCE U2'S HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB IS DOING SO WELL SOME RAPPER'S ARE LEARNING TO PLAY "INSTRUMENT'S"!EMINEM FOR INSTANCE IS TAKING LESSON'S ON HOW TO PLAY THE "SPOON'S"!!AOHTER BAND'S ARE JUMPING ON THE BANDWAGON WITH "HOW TO" TITLE'S FOR THERE CD'S.THE DAVE MATTHEW'S BAND TITLE FOR THERE NEW CD WILL BE CALLED "HOW TO PROPERLEY EMPTY THE WASTE HOLDING TANK ON YOUR'E TOUR BUS!" I HAVE TO GO TO A PLACE CALLED VERTIGO! LATER THE ROCKMEISTER

Not a single chord in Edge's guitar has been struck but U2 already have a cool $185 million. Just goes to show what shrewd businessmen they are.

Cheers,

J

jick said:
Not a single chord in Edge's guitar has been struck but U2 already have a cool $185 million. Just goes to show what shrewd businessmen they are.

Cheers,

J

Hi!

Not only that but Tampa ticket sales are Saturday and in today's newspaper there is a full entertainment page ad announcing the tour and the radio stations are announcing it all over the place............like they weren't going to sell out. I heard today that the Tampa concert has already sold out even before the tickets went on sale. So I guess I may as well not even try on Saturday........seems like a useless effort to ....especially the way Ticketmaster operates.

Oh well....a nice thought though.......brokers are already doubling the face value of the tickets.....so I guess that $185 million will climb even higher and higher...

carol
wizard2c

:|

Back
Top Bottom