(03-06-2006) Vote U2 for The Nation's Favorite Lyric -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Vote U2 for The Nation's Favorite Lyric

MTV UK is polling its viewers to find out what is The Nation's Favorite Lyric. One hundred songs are up for voting, including three from U2. The U2 lyrics up for consideration are:

No. 96: One
"One life, with each other sisters brothers"

No. 97: Where the Streets Have no Name
"I want to run, I want to hide, I want to tear down the walls, that hold me inside"

No. 98: Pride (In The Name Of Love)
"One man come on a barbed wire fence, One man he resist, One man washed on an empty beach, One man betrayed with a kiss."

The Kinks also has three songs on the list, while Radiohead has four and The Beatles features six times.

To vote U2, or any other artist, visit MTV UK.

one is the best option....many lyrics are missing and the fact that one is at 96 blows my f'n mind...
three to a bed sister anne she said, dignity passes by...
freedom has a scent like the top of a new born babies head...

Jono said:
one is the best option....many lyrics are missing and the fact that one is at 96 blows my f'n mind...
three to a bed sister anne she said, dignity passes by...
freedom has a scent like the top of a new born babies head...

umm i believe it's in alphabetical order, by artist name

this list is absurd, how can the UK not even nominate Lennon's "all you need is love"?

very absurd list :huh:

the Elvis Costello lyric choice is from 'Shipbuilding'. All of the bands listed have much better lyrics to choose from :shrug:

...what's so funny about peace love & understanding...

Jim said:
One man COME on a barbed wire fence????!!!

^ Well, uhmmm.... I agree with the: "????!!!" . :| Well, at least if one is to vote for best lyrics, they should now the lyrics properly....I wouldn't be surprised if noone voted for that line this way....

Um, these aren't even the best/most memorable lyrics from THESE songs.

I agree with Lila64...butchery of Costello. This list must have been made by some lackie intern at MTV who is probably 18 and hasn't even heard most ofthese songs.

I would hope everyone would agree that the best lyric in "One" (and maybe of all time) is: "We GET to carry each other..."

IMHO :wink:

Now don't flame me but I voted fot The 'Stones sympathy for the devil - I agree that they should have debated which song verse was the best before putting any old thing down

I mean come on did you see what that put for Bowie's stuff!

Back
Top Bottom