(03-02-2007) Bono Honored At NAACP Image Awards - NMC*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono Honored At NAACP Image Awards

By Laura Katz

U2's Bono is being honored at the NAACP Image Awards tonight for his outstanding contribution in the fight against AIDS and global poverty.

The organization will present the singer with the Chairman's Award during tonight's ceremony. Other special honorees include Bill Cosby and Soledad O'Brien.

Some of tonight's nominees include Gnarls Barkley, Chris Brown, Mary J. Blige, Beyonce, Corinne Bailey Rae, Fantasia, India.Arie, Prince and Jay-Z.

Tune in to the NAACP Image Awards Live at 8pm on FOX to catch all the winners.

http://www.netmusiccountdown.com/inc/news_article.php?id=12191

What the world just witnessed is the emergence of something POWERFUL.

I have seen Bono speak several times before predominantly African-American audiences and this was how those audiences transform him.

I can not put into words how I feel right now. :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

Does this little man with the biggest voice I have ever heard ever have a bad speech!

He was :censored:'in brilliant and blew the roof off! :rockon:

Bono :kiss: & :hug: He brought tears to my eyes not because of the speech but because I was so proud.:wink:

naacp.jpg

That was AMAZINGLY POWERFUL-

My wife and I were simply floored up off the couch and the literally down to the floor....AMEN!

Where you live should not decide...

While my kids where watching, they were in awe and turned to me and said you know, we would be dead already if we lived in Africa, with the bad mosquito bites we get.

So, true.

I am completely, profoundly moved.
Watching him say it the way he did...
I've just never heard him deliver it this passionately.
Then again I've not seen him speak live, before..

I'm blown away.. and once again, thourghly impressed..:heart:

Iam out here in cali it just started at 8pm here. But I only just started watching. Would anybody here be able to tell me if I missed him allready on the show? Any help I would appcaite.

eriekittym

Hold onto your seat

You are fine...he will come on about 9:32 pm or when they first introduce Tyra Banks and Julian Bond. I have read this site forever because I LOVE U2 AND ESPECIALLY BONO. This is my 1st time to ever post here but right now I feel so overwhelmed by Bono's awesome speech. Such love and passion. ......DO NOT MISS THIS AND LIKE I SAID, HOLD ONTO YOUR SEAT BECAUSE YOU ARE GONNA BE BLOWN AWAY BY "OUR BONO". What a wonderful blessing, just like Chris said!

Gwen in Orlando

Re: Hold onto your seat

gtorg2 said:
You are fine...he will come on about 9:32 pm or when they first introduce Tyra Banks and Julian Bond. I have read this site forever because I LOVE U2 AND ESPECIALLY BONO. This is my 1st time to ever post here but right now I feel so overwhelmed by Bono's awesome speech. Such love and passion. ......DO NOT MISS THIS AND LIKE I SAID, HOLD ONTO YOUR SEAT BECAUSE YOU ARE GONNA BE BLOWN AWAY BY "OUR BONO". What a wonderful blessing, just like Chris said!

Gwen in Orlando

Thanks Val for the Welcome! I love reading everyone's views and opinions and mostly all their love for U2. After watching that speech about 4 times and calling a couple of U2 local friends who share my emotion....I jumped right to the Interference site to see what all the fans were feeling. Very emotional about the passion and "real" sincerity that Bono has become known for. Even my son said....ok, Mom, I think I'm gonna become a U2 fan now. Now, that's just way past due!!!!!! :wink:

OMG That speech was unbelieveable. One of the best I have ever heard him give!! Did you hear the audience yelling at him??
"PREACH IT!!" "GO ON PREACH!!" I love it!! That was fantastic!!
I jumped out of my chair and clapped along with them... I never do that except for football games!
Bono you are such an inspiration and heaven-sent to move the world to action! Thank you for bringing such passion to all that you do. WE LOVE YOU!!
:bonodrum: :bonodrum: :applaud: :applaud: :rockon: :rockon: :bow: :bow: :drool: :drool:

Is there anybody who recorded it so we from the outside could watch it?

I will take a look at youtube as well :)

That was an incredible moment, and incredible speech, given by an incredible man!
I am not a religious person or anything, but his speech was totally one of those "Praise the Lord" moments. People in the audience were going NUTS over it! I am so glad to have witnessed it!

I am absolutely floored! That was simply put the most powerful speech on this topic that I have heard Bono give to date. Absolutely stunning in it's ability to move a huge group of people to action. Hopefully, we will see the fruits of all of this in the very near future for Africa.

Back
Top Bottom