(03-02-2005) Vertigo Third Leg Rumors, Announcement Imminent? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Vertigo Third Leg Rumors, Announcement Imminent?

We know, we know. You see the words "rumor" and "U2 tour" in the same news article and you freak. You're sick of rumors, you want facts, and well, so do we. But due to whisperings around the Vertigo Tour Rumor Watercooler, we thought we'd bring this to you just because we found it interesting and timely, and because we can't wait much longer for the Third Leg Announcement!

Interference reader Chris has let us know that Philadelphia's 100.7 WZXL has told their ZXL "Work Force" team that U2 has booked the Wachovia Center in Philadelphia on October 16th & 17th, 2005, and, most fascinatingly, tickets are due to go on sale for these dates on Saturday March 12th at 10am!

How about that, folks?

Want more whispered Third Leg tour dates? These are ones kind readers have passed to us over the past couple months:
September 16th, 17th - Toronto, Air Canada Center
September 30, October 1st, 3rd - Boston, FleetCenter
October 7, 9, 10, 11th - New York City
December 13, 14, 17, 18 - Sydney SuperDome at Homebush Bay

That's about all we have now, friends. Remember, don't shoot the messenger, and please consider these dates rumors until U2.com announces otherwise. For all Vertigo Tour news, stay peeled to Interference.com's Vertigo Tour Info page.

Last edited:
Wow!! This is surprising...
I didn't figure on more ticket sales for the 3rd leg of the tour until at least May or June...
I guess they're starting "early", to be safe with the "advanced
pre-sale"...that will "probably" happen again...
Let's hope everyone who didn't get tickets for the 1st leg...will
get them this time...without problems...

Oh, by-the-way....I see NY on the list...which is "GREAT"!!
But where's CHICAGO??
Even though, this is "rumored" tour list right now..
I can't see them forgetting about more Chicago shows...

Although I have heard NY will be in October and have even more shows, I see three in a row here - thought they were avoiding doing shows more than two consecutive nights?

I kind of hope this is true because just today my boss was hinting very strongly to all of us that we need to schedule our vacations for the rest of the year ASAP. It would be so great if I could take a few days off when U2 comes to the Twin Cities - I'm going to need at least one day off in case I get GA tickets, plus there's travel time to consider. Plus I just want to get all the "will I get tix or won't I?" anxiety out of the way.

But I'm also worried - have they really had time to work out the kinks in the system that caused so much heartache for those trying to get tickets for the first and second leg?

Bono's shades said:
I kind of hope this is true because just today my boss was hinting very strongly to all of us that we need to schedule our vacations for the rest of the year ASAP.
Having the same issue where I work.:|

The sooner the 3rd leg is announced the better for me. My credit cards will hate me but :shrug:

ebmp said:
damn... Wont they come to Brazil this time?? :(

Note that this isn't the tour itinerary. It's only 13 dates, and there's a huge separation between the NYC dates and the Sydney dates, and I can't imagine that there would be a whole lot more NA dates past that, nor that there would be another European leg after.

So it's certainly possible they might play a Rio date and/or a Sao Paulo date, and possibly a Santiago or Buenos Aires date. Not saying that it's likely, but it's possible. :shrug:

Ahh the third leg SO SOON!!! so where is Miami on this list? Beginning middle or end of the third leg?? Can't wait!

:hyper: (sings) They're starting to mention Australia, they're starting to mention Australia.

:mad: I don't have a credit card!

I doubt it... what happened with all this revised Propaganda system that they were working on?

There is no time to announce a revised system, give Prop members a first shot a tickets and then go on to a general sale by March 12th.

90%, it will not happen!

(But yet, they could always suprise me :hyper: )

I was told from a friend who works at the Pepsi Arena in Albany, NY, that U2 is in talks to play there in October. I wasn't sure what to think about that until I saw the MSG dates. That would be amazing. Especially after the mind-blowing performance the audience gave after Bono asked us for help because he was feeling really ill. I'll never forget it, and apparently, neither has the band.

Hopefully they can work it out.

expect these shows

NYC- 4 shows
Boston- 3 or 4 shows
Phili- 2 shows
DC- 2 shows
E.Rutherford- possibility of 2 shows
Chicago- 2 shows
Toronto- i've heard both 2 or 4 shows
Montreal- 2 shows
Atlanta- 2 shows
Miami- 2 shows
Texas- 2 or 3 shows
LA- 3 shows
SF- 2 shows
Vegas- 1
SLC- 1
Alberta- 2 shows
Minneapolis- 1
Milwaukee- 1
Cleveland- 1
Detroit- 1
Pittsburgh- 1
Buffalo- 1
Albany- 1
Hartford- 1

Then there are the questionable markets like Ohio, Indiana, Tennessee, Carolina and Missouri. I think that U2 oversaturated the Ohio/Indiana/Kentucky area on the last tour. However, given that U2 are more popular now than they were in 2001, and that they have 6-7 months to sell out the shows, I'd say U2 could play Cleveland, Indy, and Cincinnati. I think this would produce good results for this region. If there are to be 2 Atlanta shows, I almost guarantee nothing for Tennessee, sadly. Raleigh could support a show, due to the fact that the Raleigh/Durham/Greenville/Winston-Salem metropolis thing is a much more populated and worthy area in North Carolina when compared to Charlotte.

And then there's Missouri. Famous for the fact that it had 2 elevation shows, and they did not sell out, and were 2 of 4 shows not to sell out. People need to realize that tickets for these shows had only 12 days to sell out. If you give KC and St. Louis 6 or 7 months, I'm sure they'd both be sold out way in advance. However, I bet they will only do one show, and it will be in ST. Louis.

I dunno about those Sydney dates since:

from www.atu2.com:

NEW @U2 WE (HEART) TICKETMASTER...
March 03, 2005
posted by: m2
... when they post concert detail pages too soon. Jeff V. found a page listing a Portland concert on December 19, with tickets going on sale Saturday, March 12th.

The ticket onsale date follows with rumors we've heard that the 3rd leg will be announced this coming Sunday/Monday.

Update: You know what the best thing about this listing is? It doesn't mention the phrase "Internet pre-sale" anywhere. Let's hope that means what we hope it means: that Ticketmaster won't be involved in the presale.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0F003A5CF09AFA10?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

The rumor from this piece of news claims there are to be U2 shows in Philly on October 16 and 17. BUT, the broker Ticketsnow.com is already selling tickets for an October 17 U2 show in Pittsburgh!

Hey. Muh2o! Were you talking about Albany when you mentioned the crowd seranding Bono? I think you were, I've seen every U2 show at The Knick (for me, it will always be "the Knick"..the PEPSI is heresy:wink: ). If it was Albany Elevation you mentioned, I noticed that too. Albany crowds are generally a bore, and not just for U2, I've seen everyone there from REM to Bruce to Pavarotti, and I don't know what it is, I used ot think the crowds were so low-key b/c they were filled with snobby NYC-born students. (No offense guys!) But the Elevation show was TOTALLY different. I remember myself actuallY getting the shivers--we had some pretty good singalongs going, and Bono was really jazzed. I remember thinking, "WHAT are people smoking in here? This is actually getting great!" (Ha ha...it was partly me..I started a crowd clap-along in my area during SBS...:)

I hope ALbany was one of the postponed dates! If you were there where were you? I was at the back corner just above the GA, Edge's side of the stage. Are you from the area?

Last edited:
I hope ALbany was one of the postponed dates! If you were there where were you? I was at the back corner just above the GA, Edge's side of the stage. Are you from the area?

I was front row GA, directly in front of the Edge. I waited in the GA line since 5am, was #15 in line, but many opted for the tip of the heart. It was really special for me because as the Edge was leaving after their last encore, he turned around, and headed straight for me and shook my hand. I was stunned. I could tell something was really wrong with Bono. A couple of times he was leaning on the Edge, and I kept thinking that they were going to stop the show. One time he turned around and he just looked awful ... it was shortly thereafter he told the audience he was sick, and that it was our show to carry. We did.

And yes, I am from the area. 15 minute drive to "The Knick".....

Darn. And I thought we simply were a great audience that night:). Funnily enough, I had the same spot you did, for the 1st MSG post- "9/11" show. (RIP Propaganda...I was only in GA once but guess I picked the right show...)

WOW> Where do you live? I'm a 15 min drive from the Knick too. Well, maybe 20 min, with traffic:). I'm in Guilderland, I live right across the st from the Crossgates entrance, on Western Ave. Fancy "meeting" a fellow local fan here, I don't know any!

How do you like this weather? It started snowing about 20 min ago and it;s supposed to continue off and on all wk. Worst March I can remember!

Mail me! I'd love to chat with/possibly meet up with you if the band comes here. Actually..are you going for Albany GA's too? Who are you going with? Any friends trying for tix? I can only try for ALbany GA's right now, as that's all I can afford at the moment. I'm a Prop memeber with an unsed code, so we'll see!

Mail me at Spindle40@hotmail.com. Thanks!

~T~

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom