(02-28-2005) Buy a Wristband for The One Campaign -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]https://www.rapiddonor.com/theonecampaign/bigband.jpg[/SIMG]
Buy a Wristband for The One Campaign

Last summer, it was all about the yellow "Live Strong" wristbands in support of Lance Armstrong's cancer foundation. Everyone was wearing them, including Bono.

Perhaps this year, the white One Campaign wristband will be all the rage. Currently available through the organization's website, the simply-designed band reads "ONE" on the outisde and www.theonecampaign.com on the inside.

The One Campaign is a new effort, in part spearheaded by Bono's own DATA, to bring Americans together to fight global AIDS and poverty.

The wristbands are available in bundles. A $10 donation (plus $5 for shipping and handling) gets 10 bands; $100 (plus $16.50 for shipping and handling) gets 100 bands; $1,200 (plus $30 for shipping and handling) gets 1,200 bands.

The white wristband is also available outside the United States at www.whiteband.org.

bigband.jpg

Thanks nurse chrissi!

Last edited by a moderator:
There are too many of these stupid bracelets! The novelty will wear off soon and you'll see Lance Armstrong bracelets on the side of the road and they'll be on VH1's I love the 2000s.

:rant:

Yeh you got your bully blue one too. Lance armstrong i got plenty of time for any charity hes' involved with

I have one! My girlfriend and I both got one for free at this multi-cultural talent show at my univeristy. The proceeds from the show went to help the tsunami victims and the people from Bono's DATA organization had a booth set up and were giving them out for free.

I have it on right now!:rockon:

Remember what Bono says - this is not a cause, it's an emergency.

I wear my ONE white band proudly. But then, I am also an active participant in The ONE Campaign.

http://www.whiteband.org :up:

I believe in supporting worth causes (or emergancies if you have to put it that way) but if I wore an wrist band for everyone of them, my entire arm would be covered. :S

I support the enviorment, too. And like Keocmb pointed out, these things are just going to be seen as plastic, non-biodegradable trash in a few years from now.

Every year, over 3 and 1/2 MILLION Africans lose their lives to AIDS and extreme poverty - totally preventable causes.

As an environmentalist of over 30 years, I COMPLETELY support THIS USE of the world's resources.

I see no harm, only good, that can come out of wearing the white band and spreading the word of the fight against the AIDS pandemic and extreme poverty.:yes:

I support alot of causes too, if I wore a bracelet for all of them I'd be wearing about a gazillion bracelets, which are a hassle anyway when you work with a paintbrush. :wink:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
one can still SUPPORT a 'cause without wearing a silly bracelet... if you DON'T CARE ABOUT THE BRACELET and still want to SUPPORT the ONE CAMPAIGN, simply DONATE. If you don't care either way, THAT'S FINE TOO.

Well said.

Jamila said:
Every year, over 3 and 1/2 MILLION Africans lose their lives to AIDS and extreme poverty - totally preventable causes.

As an environmentalist of over 30 years, I COMPLETELY support THIS USE of the world's resources.

I see no harm, only good, that can come out of wearing the white band and spreading the word of the fight against the AIDS pandemic and extreme poverty.:yes:

No one here disputed that at all. As far as spreading the word...there are so many braclets around these days, I don't what color stands for what.

There are better ways to help a cause and spread the message than wearing a braclet. I can't tell you how many I see everyday during my job and I have never bothered to ask what they are for. To me, it's nothing more than a trend and I would be willing to bet most of the people who wear them don't know or care what they are for in the first place. I could buy a box of ten, pass them out, and people would wear them, simply because that's what everyone else does.

And white isn't a good color. It would stain.

I want one, me too.
But it is really white?
from the pic I would say it's silver...

Back
Top Bottom