(02-24-2006) Bono presents NME award to Geldof with four-letter tirade - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
Bono presents NME award to Geldof with four-letter tirade

Bono shocked the organisers of last night's NME Awards in London by delivering a tirade of four-letter words.

The U2 frontman was introducing Bob Geldof, who won the Hero Of The Year Award, when he uttered the word 'f**k' a staggering 14 times.

He said: "Bob Geldof has told me to f**k off perhaps hundreds, maybe thousands of times," before repeating the profanity over and over again.

He concluded by saying: "Thank you very much for this award and to my friend who is picking it up in all our honour - f**k off."

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/story.asp?j=173885682&p=y73886388

What a monumentally stupd article.

It's the NME awards for heavens' sakes not a banquet for world leaders.

i dont think he should swear... does it fit with his supposed Christian values? Or does he just pick and choose the values he follows?

financeguy said:
What a monumentally stupd article.

It's the NME awards for heavens' sakes not a banquet for world leaders.

Yeah.

Especially considering the statues they give out at the NME awards:

special05.jpg

How could he be simultaneously in London and Rio De Janerio, Brazil, where he was photographed on the 23rd??? He isn't Superman, or can he be in 2 places at once?

Did this really happen? Was Bono really in London? This wasn't mentioned in Reuters' story about the NME awards, or by any of the reliable news agencies.. It is just hard to believe that Bono can be in two places at once...

I think it is a dumb article, and I also figure he'd been tipping back a few which is when he tends to drop the "f" bombs a lot more animatedly. Bring on some REAL news..............

Seriously people.

When you win a NME award, the statue you get is a middle finger, which means fuck you.

How can cursing at an event where the statues say "Fuck You" be considered bad taste or out of line?

05_main.jpg

06_main.jpg

U2KYLIE_G.jpg

RadioheadAwards_G.jpg

Last edited:
Balfron said:
i dont think he should swear... does it fit with his supposed Christian values? Or does he just pick and choose the values he follows?

:rolleyes:

That is all the response needed for a statement like that.

There's no fuc:censored: ing room for Languag so fuc:censored: ing bad in this fuc:censored: ing Forum or even at the N fuc:censored: ing ME's for that Fuc:censored: ing matter.

For Goodness Fuc:censored: ing Sakes

haha

bono actually did something that didn't conform to his band's post 2000 pristine clean image.

oh how the fundamentalist americans must cringe at such news! here they thought they'd found a band who was of conservative mild-mannered ilk, but what's this?! a swearing tirade?!?!

quick everyone, put in all that you can't leave behind and forget this episode ever happened!

:sexywink:

doubleU said:

:rolleyes:

That is all the response needed for a statement like that.

Christian or no christian he still takes his faith very seriously and in the world of Sex, drugs and rocknroll, he has lived very Christian like, everyone at times gets a little tipsy, swears, lusts, it doesn't mean they only practice their values when they want to. Christians do make mistakes and have slips of the tongue, the only person he has to answer to is the man upstairs. If he is the christian he is I am sure he will ask for forgivness....:|

Back
Top Bottom