(02-24-2006) Bono presents NME award to Geldof with four-letter tirade - NME*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Many "Christians" (including pastors and priests) are child molestors and sexual predators, being Christian has nothing to do with which church you go to, it has to do with belief in Christ's teachings. as Bono has said "religion is the enemy of faith"

and i doubt God really cares. there are MUCH more important things in life

Zoomerang96 said:
haha

bono actually did something that didn't conform to his band's post 2000 pristine clean image.

oh how the fundamentalist americans must cringe at such news! here they thought they'd found a band who was of conservative mild-mannered ilk, but what's this?! a swearing tirade?!?!

quick everyone, put in all that you can't leave behind and forget this episode ever happened!

:sexywink:

Or they could all rush in and put on JT when U2 was seen as the second coming of Jesus. Trust me, the post-2000 U2 is not nearly as "holy" as the 1987-1990 U2.

Of course, Bono did say "fuck" then too. ;)

JCOSTER said:

Christian or no christian he still takes his faith very seriously and in the world of Sex, drugs and rocknroll, he has lived very Christian like, everyone at times gets a little tipsy, swears, lusts, it doesn't mean they only practice their values when they want to. Christians do make mistakes and have slips of the tongue, the only person he has to answer to is the man upstairs. If he is the christian he is I am sure he will ask for forgivness....:|

You are right... of course, I don't recall reading "don't say fuck" as part of the 10 commandments. Something about "God's name in vain" - I get that. But all the other "vulgar" words are just things we made up, no God in them. So I have to ask, is swearing - without God's name - really a sin?

Last edited:
He probably had just heard that the FCC overturned the ruling that let him slide when he said "fucking brilliant" at the Golden Globes - they have decided to fine the network for that f-bomb.. three fucking years later.. :eyebrow:

He's just trying to make it worth the money. and there WAS most likely some drink involved also.. :wink:
(if it even happened)

Edited to say: found this article on NME site.

http://www.nme.com/awards/news/22301

Last edited:
Ahh this has come full circle now:yes: Its taking me a year and half to figure out. Bono was given us a secret message all this time. THE SECRET OF VERTIGO!!!!!!!!:der: Bono was letting us know how many F bombs he was going to drop at the NME awards. UNO,DOS,TRES,...CATORCE! F BOMBS

scout13 said:
Ahh this has come full circle now:yes: Its taking me a year and half to figure out. Bono was given us a secret message all this time. THE SECRET OF VERTIGO!!!!!!!!:der: Bono was letting us know how many F bombs he was going to drop at the NME awards. UNO,DOS,TRES,...CATORCE! F BOMBS

and isn't strange that the article said 14 times. why not 13 or 15?
I'm sure he said it once, the statue said it too!!!!

I suppose Bono was making an imitation of how Bob speaks... And I really don't see what the problem is -- ok, perhaps he's better talk like that when he's in a pub with his buddies, but due to the kind of ceremony and the award I don't see anything inappropriate.

i want audio, i want audio!
there's nothing hotter than listening to bono swear...
and there's no current expression I detest more I think than the word "f-bomb'. Somehow it really fucking bothers me!
infantile, prudish, pseudo-punditlike, and quasi-military. blech.

and zoomerang, that was a lame post!

I'm feeling punchy, and it's not drink-related! ( it might be the bad news about the family crisis:( )
If Bono really cussed that much on tape, handing out an award, I'm betting it felt as good for him to deliver as it would for me to listen to it! After all the stupid shit from the FCC, and having to (i think to make a point, actually...) say elephant 'dirt' on the grammys, etc.
And really now, to not utter fuck every other fucking word whilst presenting a statuette that *represents* the act of saying fuck off, would be wrong, wouldn't it?!

cheers all!

I want audio I want audio! or video!:drool: :drool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom