(02-15-2005) X-Clusive: Snow Patrol Lose the Plot -- XFM*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://images.radcity.net/5893/576465.jpg[/SIMG]
X-Clusive: Snow Patrol Lose the Plot

Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol has been talking to Xfm about supporting U2 at Croke Park in Dublin, starting work on their new album and losing the ability to speak properly.

After the massive success of their third album the Mercury and Brit Award nominated ‘Final Straw’ which has just gone four times platinum, selling 1.2 million copies, Snow Patrol have the massive task of writing the follow up. Speaking to Xfm singer Gary Lightbody explained that he’s commenced work on it already.

“We’ve started to write it and we’re just gonna have to record it really soon,” he confessed, “At the moment it’s really up in the air and all over the place. It’s got to all gel together yet. Not surprisingly, it’s still sounding a bit unfinished.

“The songs? Right now we’ve got big songs, small songs, rock songs and at the moment some prog rock songs…. But that might change.”

Now the band have attained an amount of success, they can pick their choice of venues to make he new album, though Lightbody says Snow Patrol won’t be recording anywhere too exotic.

“We’re definately not gonna be recording it in Hawaii, cos we’d probably never get any work done at all knowing us.” He explained, “We’re definately going to do it where there are any distractions, cos we’re just too… Erm… What’s the word? Concentration-lacking? Did I just say that? Concentration-lacking? I’m actually forgetting how to use the English language. See? I’m lacking in concentration.”

As well as being rumoured to be playing at a host of UK festivals over the summer (including Glastonbury, T In The Park and V2005) Snow Patrol will be supporting U2 on their Vertigo tour in Brussels, Manchester, Berlin, Paris and Dublin. Something Lightbody is definately looking forward to.

“We’re playing with them in Croke Park in Dublin so we cannot wait for that as it basically home for us," he explained, "So that’s 60,000 people for two nights in Dublin. It might get a little crazy.”

--XFM

Back
Top Bottom