(02-13-2006) 'Shine on Me, Monterrey Moon' - U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
'Shine on Me, Monterrey Moon'

Vertigo'06 went live in Mexico last night and it was a beautiful night under a Monterrey moon as U2 returned to the country for the first time since 1997. Here's what they played, full report here.

Vertigo
I Will Follow
Electric Co.
Elevation
Beautiful Day
Still Haven’t Found
City of Blinding Lights
Original of the Species
Sometimes
Bad
Love and Peace
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet the Blue Sky
Miss Sarajevo
Pride in the Name of Love
Where the Streets have no Name
One

End of the World
Mysterious Ways
With or Without You

Yahweh
Vertigo

http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1895

Yahoo! has photos from the first Mexico show available here.

Last edited by a moderator:
With that s*** setlist it´s seems the band would have played 4 or 5 times last week in Monterrey, rather than 1997 :mad: :madspit: :censored: :rant:

One thing I´m sure of: They didn´t care a s*** during the 2 month break, I mean, they didn´t even try new songs or surprises :down:

ponkine said:
With that s*** setlist it´s seems the band would have played 4 or 5 times last week in Monterrey, rather than 1997 :mad: :madspit: :censored: :rant:

One thing I´m sure of: They didn´t care a s*** during the 2 month break, I mean, they didn´t even try new songs or surprises :down:

DONT BE SUCH AN IDIOT!
Check the set list from the last time they played there!!!!!!!

Here we go again more set list bashing...

Hah! Yes!

Still, I honestly was hoping we'd hear of some really cool surprises/ressurected songs!

gareth brown said:
Hah! Yes!

Still, I honestly was hoping we'd hear of some really cool surprises/ressurected songs!

Never not on a stadim tour....and why do we care anyway? for the mexican fans this is probably great!

Unless you go to every single U2 show you should stop bitching about setlist. It's not like the people who went to the show were all like "aww they didn't play anything new." Most of them don't know they songs they've played at other shows. It's different seeing songs on paper and seeing them live.

I bet 90% of the people in the stadium went to their FIRST Vertigo show... So why the **** is this a bad setlist then?

I'm shure there will be a few surprices this leg also, when the boys have rehersed a bit more...

This is the exact set list from the rehearsal the nite before I believe.

My friend wrote it down. GAGV would know.

Yes, most of the fans there this was their very first show.

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

I'm exhausted.

I was front row center and extremely tired.

I don't understand why so many U2 fans bitch so much about set lists and why didn't they play this song or that song. I enjoy the shows no matter WHAT they play. I have boots and all their music at home and on my iPod that I can listen to any time I want to. My only comment here is that I don't understand why they play Vertigo twice. I heard it really got the crowd going, but I'd rather hear 2 different songs rather than Vertigo twice! Otherwise it makes no difference to me what the set list is. :wink:

Stop whinging please....!!

I am from Sydney Australia, You know the last time i saw U2 was on Feb 27, 1997!!! Its been 8 years! I have not seen a U2 show becuase they decided to skip Aus during Elevation and I cant really afford to go see U2 overseas...

Stop being spoilt U2 fans who have managed to see U2 5 times this tour especially if you live in USA.

For me and most people of Australia, NZ and Sth America we want to see U2 perform at the best with a setlist full of their hits...

If you think the setlist is boring..I have a suggestion for you. DO NOT ATTEND A U2 CONCERT FOR A DECADE AND YOU WILL SEE HOW IT FEELS....

I am really frustrated by you whinging U2 fans who are complaining about the songs being played...Whereas I HAVE WAITED A DECADE FOR THEM TO COME HERE...

STOP BITCHING...SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE REST OF US!!

ponkine said:

Chill.

Akshai said:
Stop whinging please....!!

I am from Sydney Australia, You know the last time i saw U2 was on Feb 27, 1997!!! Its been 8 years! I have not seen a U2 show becuase they decided to skip Aus during Elevation and I cant really afford to go see U2 overseas...

Stop being spoilt U2 fans who have managed to see U2 5 times this tour especially if you live in USA.

For me and most people of Australia, NZ and Sth America we want to see U2 perform at the best with a setlist full of their hits...

If you think the setlist is boring..I have a suggestion for you. DO NOT ATTEND A U2 CONCERT FOR A DECADE AND YOU WILL SEE HOW IT FEELS....

I am really frustrated by you whinging U2 fans who are complaining about the songs being played...Whereas I HAVE WAITED A DECADE FOR THEM TO COME HERE...

STOP BITCHING...SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THE REST OF US!!

:applaud: :up: What she/he said!

And for those of you who are simply just READING set list song titles on the internet, and actually COMPLAINING because READING the same song titles bores you... get a life! :madspit:
They put on, not just a show, but a major production, night after night, city after city, for the fans that are gathered there that night-- and they give each concert their all!

This exercise is not meant for the amusement of set-list WATCHERS in far-off lands, who think this whole "world tour" thing is all about them, and their personal amusement! Most of the 1.5 million fans who have seen the Vertigo tour don't have a clue, and don't give a crap, what the band played in each and every city-- they just cared about the concert they were going to see that night!

Would it really rock your world to "read" a different song title on a set list of a concert you wouldn't be at under ANY circumstances?!?

The internet empowers all of the idiots in this world, too, I guess... :mad: All too much proof around here.

Thats exactly right! (BTW I am HE)

This issue really makes my blood boil about U2 fans making petty complaints...When i see U2 doing multiple concerts on multiple legs in USA I feel so jeolous...And I can only wish to be there!!

Put it this way...Do you listen to a U2 CD once and then complain that the second time is boring? That it doesnt have different songs the second time round?

I can listen to U2 songs over and over and over....I still grow to love them more each day...Seeing it live will be simply amazing!

I am now going to 4 U2 shows in Australia, After 8 years! I just cant wait...My days are counting ....only 38 more left!!

8 years is a long time...but i can still remember every minute of the Popmart tour, but this is a band at their peak...I cant wait...

I AM MORE EXCITED THEN MOST PEOPLE COULD UNDERSTAND....Especially the ones complaining about the choice of songs on the night...

As i said...dont complain...just dont see U2 for a decade.

I agree with everything you have said. But the band was at there peak during The Zoo Tv Tour...in my opinion

Yeh i guess in a different way. Zoo TV was still my favourite tour, no doubt about that.

But it terms of a commercial peak, winning Grammys, and getting the respect of the musical industry I believe U2 are at their peak now.

But in terms of tour perfomance U2's Zoo TV had to be the show! Especially in Sydney! I was there at that show. Greatest ever!

the first guy who complained was from canada, and the second guy who complained and complained the most was from Chile

so the whole youve gotten to see tons of shows already argument doesnt really apply here

the guy from Chile has had even les shows than Australians

Well i am not too sure about people's location...For example, your location is from Afghanistan...Chances are thats incorrect???

Mate I am not trying to trash anyone..

I am simply making a point...that it seems there are people who have seen too many shows for them to complain about the setlist. America was an example used that U2 have performed there on numerous occasions, multiple time on multiple legs.

This is no direct reference to people in any country. U2 can perform in US as much as they want, it doesnt worry me...

I know people in Sydney who have seen multiple U2 shows around the world. So it doesnt matter where u r from.

I am simply making a point a specific group of bitching U2 fans...

For a person like me...I am getting sick of it...

Clark W. Griswold said:
Hey, why don't we just turn this into another "Trash America" thread. We haven't had one of those around here in what, five minutes or so?

Yeah cool let's do it!! American sucks, Whinging set list complaining Americans yeah yeah yeah!

:)

Chizip said:
the first guy who complained was from canada, and the second guy who complained and complained the most was from Chile

so the whole youve gotten to see tons of shows already argument doesnt really apply here

the guy from Chile has had even les shows than Australians

So if they are not attending the shows, what the hell are they complaining about? Geez.. some people complain purely for the sake of it.

If your going to one U2 show, like the vast majority of people are, then the setlist is perfect. If your going to tons of shows, 1. The setlist will get repetitive (so why bother going) and 2. Need to get a life. Too much of something is bad for you. Let someone who will appreciate the show go instead.

Back
Top Bottom