(02-04-2006) Bono on CBS Tomorrow -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bono on CBS Tomorrow

If the big game doesn't do it for you, tune in to your local CBS affiliate tomorrow night at 7 to catch a new celebrity interview special featuring Bono. Interference.com member sue4u2 sent us the relevant details:

Sunday’s 60 MINUTES will be pre-empted by a network special featuring interviews with superstar celebrities including George Clooney, Sheryl Crow, Hilary Swank, Bono and Sting.

The Network special, SUPERSTARS, will be broadcast Sunday, Feb. 5 (7:00-8:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I hope this is something new and not just a highlight reel of past Bono interviews from "60 Minutes".

Oh well, Bono on national TV is never a bad thing! :wink:

Not gonna be able to watch this one. I'll be viewing the Seahawks as they blow out the Steelers. Mark my words, Seahawks by at least 10.

This is cool! I am glad I heard it. I am not interested in the super bowl, so there will be something else to watch! I just hope it's not the same old stuff to listen to , but a Bono siting is exciting!

whitehead said:
I hope this is something new and not just a highlight reel of past Bono interviews from "60 Minutes".

Oh well, Bono on national TV is never a bad thing! :wink:

I bet it's a rebroadcast probably of his latest interview with 60 minutes which he did recently (as also all the others) . I HOPE not. I hope I'm wrong. I'm still taping it, especially if Sting is on also. Those two go way back .

I turned the TV on at about 7:15, and sat through the rest of the show. Naturally, I missed it. It must have been the first segment.
Was it new?

Yes, it was first on.....the segment was well done.....must have been recent because it mentioned Bono's photo on Time.

:)

Re: reply

wizard2c said:
Yes, it was first on.....the segment was well done.....must have been recent because it mentioned Bono's photo on Time. :)

So was it Bono in his purple shirt, talking with Ed Bradley??That's the one that came out around the end of 2005. I was unable to tape it, the vcr went weird.

Re: Re: reply

thankyou said:

So was it Bono in his purple shirt, talking with Ed Bradley??That's the one that came out around the end of 2005. I was unable to tape it, the vcr went weird.

Yes, it was the same. I already have this on tape, but didn't know what was going to be shown. :shrug:

In any case I didn't get home untill after U2's segment. I have it twice now and I also learned how to set my new tv/vcr/dvd to record it while I was at work.

That thrilled me to no end to see I had done it right. :up:
(except if U2 hadn't been the first one up I would have missed it because the tape I put in ran out of tape.. I would liked to have seen Sting and Sheryl Crowe..)

Only problem is when I'm not here doing the taping I can't edit out the commercials. :madspit:

Can't wait till the Grammy's... :wink:

Could anybody give a little report on the Sting segment? i know this is a bono thread, but I sort of like the Sting guy too. :reject:

It showed mostly Sting at home with his friends and with his dogs. Talked about how he's calmed down in life now compared to the old excesses of rockstar life. He looked FABULOUS.

bonocomet said:
It showed mostly Sting at home with his friends and with his dogs. Talked about how he's calmed down in life now compared to the old excesses of rockstar life. He looked FABULOUS.

thanks!

I had already seen Bono on the 60 min. interview earlier in 2005, so i'm actually more sorry that I missed the Sting one. Sting is an amazing musician and an even greater lyricist. (in my opinion) :cute:

You're very welcome. I wished I could remember something more specific then that but I can't! I do remember thinking how good he still looks! But I totally agree, another amazing musician & songwriter.

phew, I was worried I'd missed a new bit of bono tv-interview!

I too am sorry I missed Sting though...he is lovely and amazing I agree!

I watched at least from the end of the first-half on of the Superbowl...the Seahawks were robbed man! Bad call after bad call took momentum away from them as well as actual points. I get that this is how sports can be, but jeez...

cheers all!

Back
Top Bottom