(02-04-2005) U2.com Subscribers Without Tickets -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2.com Subscribers Without Tickets

Subscribers unable to buy tickets for the opening North America leg of 'Vertigo 2005' can apply for a refund on their subscription fee.

As made clear in Larry's open letter those U2.Com Subscribers who have not been able to get tickets for currently announced 'Vertigo Tour' shows will get ticketing priority when the band return to North America in the Autumn.

Many fans have let us know that they are happy to wait to use their unique booking codes for the second North American leg.

If you would prefer not to wait on Autumn shows, we are offering to refund your subscription fee.

A very small number of European fans may have also failed to get tickets in the presale - but some presales in some cities are not yet open and we do not anticipate any problems here.

However, if you are a European Subscriber who has not been able to use your code to buy tickets and does not wish to use it in those European presales yet to begin, you can also be refunded your Subscription.

Please click here for information.

--U2.com

I am so glad to know that I can use my code for the Autumn tour--since they were not coming near me this spring. I have been keeping up with the horror stories and also seeing that alot of people did get tickets. So hopefully the next time around will be better!

Bono's Doll said:
I am so glad to know that I can use my code for the Autumn tour--since they were not coming near me this spring. I have been keeping up with the horror stories and also seeing that alot of people did get tickets. So hopefully the next time around will be better!

MEE TOO!!!...though I don't want to get my hope way up cause I might get dissapointed....But hopefully things will be more organized in the fall.....:wink:

dsmith2904 said:
U2.com Subscribers Without Tickets

Subscribers unable to buy tickets for the opening North America leg of 'Vertigo 2005' can apply for a refund on their subscription fee.

As made clear in Larry's open letter those U2.Com Subscribers who have not been able to get tickets for currently announced 'Vertigo Tour' shows will get ticketing priority when the band return to North America in the Autumn.

--U2.com

On the contrary, Larry's letter didn't exactly say that. Rather:

I am now in the process of figuring out a way of distributing the tickets for our intended return to North America in the fall. The only fair way of doing this, is to give U2 Propaganda members, who are now U2.com members, priority in the queue.

After that, people will be given priority in the order in which they joined.

This doesn't say anything about giving priority to those who didn't get tickets, but rather to former Propaganda members.

More confusion.......

:| That sucks if it is true. If people who didn't get tickets for the 1st leg are given priority over the people holding out for the 3rd leg that's bullshit. The only reason I'm waiting for the 3rd leg is because I don't have a ton of money and can't travel to see them. If others are given priority over me I have no chance. :angry:

Last edited:
ultrraviolette said:

:| That sucks if it is true. If people who didn't get tickets for the 1st leg are given priority over the people holding out for the 3rd leg that's bullshit. The only reason I'm waiting for the 3rd leg is because I don't have a ton of money and can't travel to see them. If others are given priority over me I have no chance. :angry:

What's the difference between not getting tickets for the 1st leg and holding out for the 3rd leg? Did you buy tickets with your code? Cause, if not, that means you get priority.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

What's the difference between not getting tickets for the 1st leg and holding out for the 3rd leg? Did you buy tickets with your code? Cause, if not, that means you get priority.

This is the same thing I was thinking.:shrug:

Larry's letter

Ok, so I have read and reread Larry's letter. U2.com seems to think it says current U2.com members with an unused code will get priority for the fall leg. I don't see that. All I see is former Prop members will get Priority. U2.com members with an unused code can get a refund. That's it.
So I hope this isn't an indication of what will happen in the fall. As a former Prop member, we had already been promised to be bumped to the head of the line for tickets which we were not. I waited and waited to get my 'letter'. I finally had to call fanfire. So my U2.com number is over 42000. That sucks. Prop members should have been sent the letter or had the offer to join long before anyone else. Then we would also have lower numbers.
How can they possibly muff this again. Uuuggg

Lack of US tickets

Jeez,

You're all being "so nice" about the situation. Have you checked out the Scalper link at the top of the page.

Wonder how many "fan club" tickets went there. DUH.

As to Larry Mullens "two words" for those so called U2 fans.

Here's 3 right back.

KISS MY A$$.

Re: Lack of US tickets

Britman45 said:
Have you checked out the Scalper link at the top of the page.

Wonder how many "fan club" tickets went there. DUH.

I agree. I can't believe U2interference would allow a scapler to put a link on ever single email and on top of their pages. This broker is extremely high priced too. SICKENING!!! I almost didn't join interference because of this. Makes me wonder.
I would gladly take over the distribution of U2 tickets. Fans would get first crack at all the GA and brokers. NONE. Let them get tickets from TM. During the general sale. All the people involved with these brokers getting choice tickets should all be fired from their jobs. Conflict of interest.

Back
Top Bottom