(01-28-2005) Express Your Frustrations -- Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Express Your Frustrations

Since the fan club presale on Tuesday, angry fans have been looking for a way to vent their frustrations and take action. Some have alerted the media, others have filed complaints with various agencies. A few Interference.com members, though, have taken a more fun approach and are now selling merchandise in response to the debacle.

Inspired by Queen Bee's sig, Interferencer Chrisedge has opened a Cafe Press storefront selling T-shirts, sweatshirts, boxer shorts, stickers and even thong underwear with the following message...

"I spent $40 on a U2.com membership and all I got was this lousy keychain"

To check out the store, visit http://www.cafepress.com/u2lousy. Chrisedge says all profits go to printing costs.

Last edited:
:applaud: :up: Well, Bono should be careful what he wishes for when he said he expected U2 fans to be just a bit smarter than the fans of other bands.

Sweeeeet.

I just ordered a shirt. And I will be VERY PROUD to wear this shirt. In fact, I might even be so inclined to wear it to a concert, if I can get tickets this Saturday.

The U2 Corporation won't like this

How long will this be up before the faceless conglomerate U2 Corporation orders it taken down? A few hours? A few days? That's copyrighted material on that t-shirt! They made me laugh though. If I were going to the concert I'd wear one of those shirts.

Is there anyone out there that can tell me why, if U2.com had in fact secured choice seats solely for the pre-sale, why was it that the best seats I could find were behind the stage?

Why in the hell were they supplying "behind the stage" seating for a presale for their paying members?

If Ticketmaster ran out of "presale" tickets (which u2.com would have supplied to Ticketmaster), then why was behind the stage seats available at all. The fact that those locations were available as part of the presale and before the general public sale, then u2.com lied about their offer to its members.

This is much more than just a busy server. U2.com didn't provide access to decent seats like they promised. The seats sucked whether the server was up or not.

U2.com ripped us off.

Classic. It's parody, so I wonder if it's actually a copyright violation or falls under the 1st ammendment.

I love a great sense of humor!:lmao:
..hats ( or shirts) off to chrisedge and Queenbee

Last edited:
I have seen U2 18 times over the years and this tour I will most likely sit out. I can't believe they screwed over their loyal fanbase. U2 have lost me for now.

I will be attending open night in san diego so I will be wearing that t-shirt under my bunny rabbit suit. I didn't buy a membership for u2.com but I sympathize and support those frustrated who did.

Re: The U2 Corporation won't like this

bostonmike4444 said:
How long will this be up before the faceless conglomerate U2 Corporation orders it taken down? A few hours? A few days? That's copyrighted material on that t-shirt! They made me laugh though. If I were going to the concert I'd wear one of those shirts.

true but then another shirt will be made that reads, "the copyright bastards made me stop making this shirt 'cause./......."

I'm buying on asap so that hopefully a point will be made at the show iwth the others wearing them.

There are shirts sold in major chain stores like Hot Topic that play on logos from huge companies and brands like McDonald's, so I don't see how this would be a problem. Like a few people have said, it is parody, no one is trying to sell this as official U2 stuff.

I like how they have more options than the U2.com store. And they have a size chart!
Anyone goin' for the thong? :eeklaugh:

Re: The U2 Corporation won't like this

bostonmike4444 said:

I'd refuse if they ordered me to take it down...then get the lawyers involved. The PR would be so bad they'd back down.

While I still don't think the band members are personally responsible for a lot of the nonsense that has happened lately, they did hire the management and, frankly, the management sucks! LOL!

I had to fight to get my special code to get my $20 reduced rate subscription to U2.com (as a former Propaganda member) and I haven't even received my key chain or card yet! I saved my ticket code for tickets in Dublin (which go on presale tomorrow) but based on all the problems everyone's had so far, I'm not expecting much.

As such, given what's available on U2.com and the service so far, I can't see me renewing next year for the full $40. In fact, I wouldn't have subscribed this year if I didn't finally get the reduction!

Hence, these clothes at CafePress are fantastic! I hope U2 see a LOT of them in the concert. I know I'll be buying one and wearing it. ;)

Rainking said:
Is there anyone out there that can tell me why, if U2.com had in fact secured choice seats solely for the pre-sale, why was it that the best seats I could find were behind the stage?

Why in the hell were they supplying "behind the stage" seating for a presale for their paying members?

If Ticketmaster ran out of "presale" tickets (which u2.com would have supplied to Ticketmaster), then why was behind the stage seats available at all. The fact that those locations were available as part of the presale and before the general public sale, then u2.com lied about their offer to its members.

This is much more than just a busy server. U2.com didn't provide access to decent seats like they promised. The seats sucked whether the server was up or not.

U2.com ripped us off.

I don't think anyone has a clear answer to that question at the moment, but atu2.com has some interesting information about ticket brokers and seats on eBay.com. I checked a broker's site that I know of, and this company has GA tickets to everywhere from Twickenham to Philadelphia, ranging in price from 390 to 260 or so. And that's just for the GA floor seats...which aren't reserved, as we all know. The next levels up are close to 700 dollars.

I personally think that this is an unnecessary and meanspirited response and a crass way to express our frustrations regarding the presales fiasco. (I was also a victim)

I think that there are more constructive ways we could have shown our concerns about the presales.

I am embarssed by this financial effort to exploit U2's current problems.

I'm sorry if we disagree.

Please remember Bono's words - WE'RE ONE BUT WE"RE NOT THE SAME.

Instead of criticizing U2, we should be carrying them right now rather than letting them fall flat on their face.:sad:

here's the deal...

WHY THE HELL DON"T THEY RELEASE ALL THE SHOWS AT THE SAME TIME...That way people have to pick the show or shows they want to see and it helps defeat scalpers...

And why are they releasing another show during the sale of shows...I tried to get tix to san diego this AM...couldn't so i logged off my computer and then my buddy clals me and says they released another SHOW??? what are they doing???

ONCE AGAIN, ALL YOU PEOPLE THAT FELL For the u2.com presale 40 bucks should live and learn.

The reason I did not sign up for that is because I USED MY BRAIN and releasized that there would be thousands of people paying their 40 bucks...but only a few hundred tickets released for presale...therefore, 40 bucks did guarantee you jack!

so don't get mad at u2, or u2.com, get mad at yourself for being duped

I'm not that bright!! But thought £20 to be a member then ticket cost. Fuck that!!! Plain & simple

cmullenjr said:
here's the deal...

WHY THE HELL DON"T THEY RELEASE ALL THE SHOWS AT THE SAME TIME...That way people have to pick the show or shows they want to see and it helps defeat scalpers...

And why are they releasing another show during the sale of shows...I tried to get tix to san diego this AM...couldn't so i logged off my computer and then my buddy clals me and says they released another SHOW??? what are they doing???
Totally agree!!! Same here in UK, same happened with London show

Back
Top Bottom