(01-26-2005) Bush Left Bono Speechless -- contactmusic*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Bush Left Bono Speechless

Fast-talking rocker BONO was impressed when President GEORGE W BUSH interrupted him mid-flow to get his point across during a debate on the AIDS crisis.

The VERTIGO singer, who works tirelessly to raise awareness of issues affecting the developing world, wouldn't allow President Bush a word in edgeways, forcing him to bang his fist passionately on the table.

Bono says, "He banged the table at me once when I was ranting at him about AIDS drugs. He banged the table to ask me to let him reply. I was very impressed that he could get so passionate. And let's face it, tolerating an Irish rock star is not a necessity of his office."

--contactmusic

hmm..."stupidity", "creature".

Come on! Even Bono seems to have a something nice to say!

Can't we all just get along?:(

I'll get along with everyone in here quite happily - it doesn't mean I have to love Dubya. Thank Christ. :)

Let Bono have hellfire missiles at his disposal and we'll see who shuts up who:wink:

you know what, heres my two cents, if you are not from America keep your negative comments about our president silent, i am tired of it, like you could do a better job. Lets see thousands of women can now get education and vote in areas they were oppressed beyond beleif and despite what the medai say GREAT things are happening in afghanistan and Iraq. so please simply shut it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If bono likes him deal with it!!! At least W gets stuff done, unlike some other public opinion seeking whores we used to know

BOYO3221 said:
you know what, heres my two cents, if you are not from America keep your negative comments about our president silent, i am tired of it, like you could do a better job. Lets see thousands of women can now get education and vote in areas they were oppressed beyond beleif and despite what the medai say GREAT things are happening in afghanistan and Iraq. so please simply shut it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If bono likes him deal with it!!! At least W gets stuff done, unlike some other public opinion seeking whores we used to know

I'm going to assume this was a joke.

okay i live right here in the USof A and i dont think anyone should "keep silent" our country was built on not being silent and i dont care where you live. why wouldnt you want to see an outside prspective anyway? especially when soilders from the UK and other countries are fighting and dying over in iraq right now also!!! and its because of our presidents decision, right or wrong, so as far as im concerned they have as much a right as you to question our president's actions!!!

i would like to share with you a quote from a former president.:

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. (1918)" - Theodore Roosevelt

juts did an A2 paper on american politics today.. didnt go well :(

Ask me a week ago i woulda said Clitnon>>>>>>>>>>Bush

but thinking about it clinton was president at a lucky time in some ways and he was a scheming cheating.. i dunno how hilary is still married to him..

Bush has had alot to deal with and the reason hes been re elected is because hes dealt with it well, maybe not perfectly but still.. and as much as i hate capitalism, your right I couldnt do a better job.. and im from northern ireland if anyone cares lol

lol. I don't know what's funnier: listening to new words invented by Bush on the spot, or listening to Bono's sometimes over-the-top wordplay.

I guess Bono misunderestimated Bush.

Last edited:
From what I understand about GWB, is that he can not get used to someone else telling him what should be done. Well, Mr. President, if you would get off your high horse for once, maybe you would see that others have valid ideas, and that the world would be a better/safer place if issues of disease and poverty were addressed. In America, we have the freedom of speech and so do those in Switzerland. So Bono, spread the word!

From what I understand about GWB, is that he can not get used to someone else telling him what should be done. Well, Mr. President, if you would get off your high horse for once, maybe you would see that others have valid ideas, and that the world would be a better/safer place if issues of disease and poverty were addressed. In America, we have the freedom of speech and so do those in Switzerland. So Bono, spread the word!

BOYO3221 said:

sorry i posted this earlier but forgot to quote you:

okay i live right here in the USof A and i dont think anyone should "keep silent" our country was built on not being silent and i dont care where you live. why wouldnt you want to see an outside prspective anyway? especially when soilders from the UK and other countries are fighting and dying over in iraq right now also!!! and its because of our presidents decision, right or wrong, so as far as im concerned they have as much a right as you to question our president's actions!!!

i would like to share with you a quote from a former president.:

To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. (1918)" - Theodore Roosevelt

I don't live in the States now - but I did for several years, and half of my family is living there still. It doesn't matter whether we live in the US, England, China or Timbuktu. Bush is "the leader of the free world". That world doesn't just belong to Americans. Bush's decisions on many issues affect us - all over the globe; not just YOU. We're as entitled to our opinions as you are, dear - my two cents is just as valuable as your own or anyone else's. I don't take being dictated to kindly. Or does freedom of speech only apply when one lives in the USA?

Have a nice day.

i have no problem people disafreeing with Prsedient Bush, but i do not appreciate the name calling of OUR President. Especially when so many people are fighting for freedom. I know one thing there hasnt been another terrorist attack on US soil since 9-11. And hundreds of attempts have been stopped. He has a difficult job and while some things are not perfect, there have been thousands of positives done in IRAG and Afghanistan. I go to school with Some IRAQI citizens and they thank god for President Bush's removal of Saddam Hussein.. just something to think about, DO NOT BELIEVE ALL THE ONE SIDED MEDIA. do a google search on all the positives that have come about in afghanistan and irag , you will be amazed

Well, I think if you want to call Bush all sorts of names, that is certainly your right, but I think all thename calling makes the American left look as stupid as the american right. Bush has done a lot wrong, but has accomplished some things. Go from there, it sounds like that's what Bono's doing.

Honestly, the bug problem with this country is everybody wants to win the arguement, so everyone talks and no one listens. It's a ship of fools.

Fair disclosure, I'm a new yorker, voted for a 3rd party, would have voted for kerry in a key state, support the idea of sending troops to Sudan, am glad Saddam is in jail, and think that ignoring the Geneva Convention and abrogating the constitution is one of the most reprehensible things an administration has ever done.

And I'm going to bed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom