(01-25-2005) U2 Ticket Presale Inflames Fans -- groovevolt.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
fah said:
The Vancouver pre-sale tickets have not gone on sale yet.

And now I'm dreading it :(

What I've learned so far...Clear Channel handled the sale of the tickets. They decide how many (10%) and which seats are released. I also read that someone when directly to the Ticketmaster site and DID NOT USE THE U2 LINK. This person was able to use the code AT the site. Initially GA's were listed as "not available", but they kept trying and were SUCCESSFUL!

This would have been good to know ahead of time. First, I may not have bought a membership...second, I would have gone about my attempts at tickets differently!

Hoe this helps in your attempts for Vancouver!

I think complaining to the Better Business Bureau is a good idea. At least, it's for the whole US. Otherwise, you could try your states Attorney Generals Office/Consumer Fraud Dept. I wonder if the US Attorney Generals Office also has a Consumer Fraud Dept? That would also be a good place to complain.

tawanda said:

What I've learned so far...Clear Channel handled the sale of the tickets. They decide how many (10%) and which seats are released. I also read that someone when directly to the Ticketmaster site and DID NOT USE THE U2 LINK. This person was able to use the code AT the site. Initially GA's were listed as "not available", but they kept trying and were SUCCESSFUL!

This would have been good to know ahead of time. First, I may not have bought a membership...second, I would have gone about my attempts at tickets differently!

Hoe this helps in your attempts for Vancouver!

Thanks for the advice :up: The pre-sale tickets are STILL NOT AVAILABLE for the Vancouver show and ticketmaster.ca does not show the Vancouver show on it's site.

Re: shifting stage

shobgite said:
Well my wife and I have fallen victim to the "musical chairs" and are now sitting about three miles from the stage, for the pleasure of which we paid close to $400.

It's one thing having to shell out for seats close to the stage, it's another to have those seats magically move TO THE OPPOSITE END OF THE FUCKING ARENA.

It seems this thing couldn't have gone worse. Well, maybe if Kings of Leon were the support act. Oh, wait...

PERFECTLY SAID. JUST FUCKING PERFECT...

Ticketmaster's Monopoly

ALthough pointless, I just need to voice my frustration as I get no response from U2.com, principal management, or ticketmaster.

I have been a diehard U2 fan since 1985, and seen the band on each tour numerous times, thanks in large part to Propaganda's priority ticketing.

This is the first tour I have come up empty handed on the ticketing. Maybe I should consider myself one of the lucky few who actually was able to see GA-Floor seats on the screen and lose them when clicking the "continue" button and receiving the "Internal System Error" message.

When I contacted ticketmaster and explained the problem, I got an "oh-well" attitude. I explained that fans who receive these types of errors when processing the ticket orders should be taken care of by being put on a list for the next available show, or something to that nature. TICKETBASTARD responded by telling me to contact U2 as ticketmaster is only doing what the band tells them to do.

That solved the problem instantly becasue, of course, I have Bono, Larry, Adam, and Edge's number on friggin speed dial!

It is a shame ticketmaster has a monoply on concert tickets becasue the result is poor customer service with a high demand show. If it was Mickey and Minnie on Ice, I am sure they would have retrieved the partially submitted order from the cyberspace and gladly sold me the tickets.

When I explained this to ticketmaster, they informed me I had another option, I could buy the tickets from TICKETS.COM. Good solution. I think a fan should pay $1215 per ticket for GA tickects in MSG.

Well Bono, Larry, Adam, and Edge---I am a fan, I love your music, and I am happy to spend my hard-earned money to see you perform live (becasue there is nothing better than a U2 gig)---but I do not have $3000 to spend on one show.

Take care, and have a great life!

I have the same story as you mvernace74 and like a lot of people this past week I empathize with you- Ive always seen U2 up close (thankyou Propaganda!) and this time didnt get any tickets.
:sad:
I would like to think that this is U2.Com's first and (hopefully) last fiasco with presale ticket sales via Ticketmaster.
I hope that they plan to do what Propaganda did and send out order forms to subscribers for the fall leg of the tour. They have the time to do so and would be wise not to try to reinvent the wheel by dealing with ticketmaster again. Dont fix whats not broken, U2.com!
:shame:

Im still going to find away to get good tickets ( without having to sell any body parts) and I hope to see you guys on tour (up front!) despite this mess:yes:

Last edited:
So Much for the Public on-sale!!

teenie said:
I have the same story as you mvernace74 and like a lot of people this past week I empathize with you- Ive always seen U2 up close (thankyou Propaganda!) and this time didnt get any tickets.
:sad:
I would like to think that this is U2.Com's first and (hopefully) last fiasco with presale ticket sales via Ticketmaster.
I hope that they plan to do what Propaganda did and send out order forms to subscribers for the fall leg of the tour. They have the time to do so and would be wise not to try to reinvent the wheel by dealing with ticketmaster again. Dont fix whats not broken, U2.com!
:shame:

Im still going to find away to get good tickets ( without having to sell any body parts) and I hope to see you guys on tour (up front!) despite this mess:yes:

Just curious, but how do you plan on getting (good) seats without paying a fortune?

I was the 4th person online this morning at my local ticketmaster and they were sold out at MSG before I even got to the purchasing counter!!! A few people got singles and that was it. I realize this sounds selfish, but the original NY dates were for 3 shows in March.

Oh well. I was at least able to ge 2 (shitty) MSG seats through the fanclub and I guess they will do more NY shows in October. We here at interference.com should try to do something between now and then to make sure we at least are able to get tix or have a good shot at tix for those shows.....

Being a U2 fan is quite frustrating lately...

Re: So Much for the Public on-sale!!

MBH said:

Just curious, but how do you plan on getting (good) seats without paying a fortune?

Being a U2 fan is quite frustrating lately...

..tell me about it MBH...last tour a friend of mine joined us and was able to get GA tickets face value from scalpers the day of the concert...I suspect there will be plenty more of them out there and so Im not too worried about getting in without paying a fortune..and thats coming from someone who just moved and is unemployed.
Dont get me wrong, Im just as mad as everyone else, but where theres a will theres a way.. :hmm:

Pre-Sale Fiasco

Let me just say that it takes practically a miracle of God for me to talk ill of my favorite band, U2, and especially my BONO! However, the band must know by now what happened and with the birage of phone calls and emails to Principal Mgt. both in the US and in Dublin, I would hope that this band who has ENOURMOUS POWER , this band that CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS

Pre-Sale Fiasco

My question is this: They made over 20 million dollars by us, the fans, buying our u2.com memberships. Where is the money going? Is it in the pockets of Fanfair? Ticketmaster? U2? Is it going to Africa to save the starving people? Is it going to DATA to stop the spread of AIDS in Africa? If the money was going to one of Bono's CAUSES, I am sure we all wouldn't mind. However, if it is going to some greedy, slimey, underhanded, unethical American or European Corporation, then that is DISGUSTING! That is biting the hand that feeds you. We, the fans, FEED U2. Without us...they are nothing. Remember that. And, I am a huge u2 fan. I absolutely love them to death, especially Bono. He is my idol. I have the hugest amount of admiration and respect for U2 and I certainly hope they don't disappoint and do nothing. Please Bono, Adam, Edge, Larry----don't let them get away with messing over your fans!!!

I am stoked!!!!

They added shows and did not allow us, members of u2.com access to those tickets. We were forced to buy shitty seats in the other show, without an opportunity to purchase seats in the ADDED shows.

It is a scam of unbelievable proportion. U2 and u2.com are now going after ebay sellers....which was not the problem.

The problem is the SCAM.

Back
Top Bottom