(01-25-2005) Presale, Ticketmaster, Europe -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Presale, Ticketmaster, Europe

Some European fans have been experiencing technical problems this morning in booking their Presale tickets for the 'Vertigo 2005' Tour.

Ticketmaster have been in touch with us to say that they will be replying to everyone who has been in touch with them - with the solution to their problem.

We will also keep you posted on u2.com with more news as we get it.

Ticket presales for the US and Canada begin today at 10 a.m. local time. Visit www.u2.com for more information.

--U2.com

"some technical problems"??? Well how's this quote for a definition of "understatemnt"?:| :eyebrow: :madspit: :mad:

The whole presale today has been very disappointing to most people participating - whether in Europe or North America.

No GA's available within minutes of that magical hour of 10:00am in most venues - looks like someone wanted us to pay even more through our noses for a seat.

I did - $95 for a midsection upper deck seat. Saving Grace was I am in the first row so at least I should have a good view of the going-ons on stage. (Hopefully)

All in all, a real let-down. NO ELEVATION HERE! :|

ticket nightmare

We have been trying to get on to the ticketmaster site since 10.00 gmt. The first time we got on to the ticketmaster ladder it redirected us back to u2.com site. When we tried to go through the process again our presale code came up as invalid. Despite numerous e mails to ticketmaster and u2.com we have had no reply so i am not going to hold my breath as to them getting in touch. What really upsets me though is if you look on e bay tickets are already on sale for the venues we (the fans) have paid extra to try and get. It's an absolute disgrace and you can guarantee by the time its sorted all the tickets will be gone. I wish we had taken our chances on Friday I feel like I've been ripped off by u2.com :madspit:

Re: ticket nightmare

carlejo said:
We have been trying to get on to the ticketmaster site since 10.00 gmt. The first time we got on to the ticketmaster ladder it redirected us back to u2.com site. When we tried to go through the process again our presale code came up as invalid. Despite numerous e mails to ticketmaster and u2.com we have had no reply so i am not going to hold my breath as to them getting in touch. What really upsets me though is if you look on e bay tickets are already on sale for the venues we (the fans) have paid extra to try and get. It's an absolute disgrace and you can guarantee by the time its sorted all the tickets will be gone. I wish we had taken our chances on Friday I feel like I've been ripped off by u2.com :madspit:

You just told the same experience we had, with 4 friends we tried to book and we all had our presale code as invalid !!! I'm so pissed. I payed a lot of money to U2.com :mad: :mad:

Yup, same problems here too. I'm so mad right now, words cannot describe it. I'm so disappointed about the whole thing...

If U2.com doesn't do anything to sort this mess out I will be seriously F%$£ed off! I've been a fan for 14 years and spent countless sums on CD's, singles, t-shirts, concerts, etc. This is not the way that I expect to be treated. It's not like I'm asking for a lot here, I just want to go to ONE concert. "Technical difficulties" my arse! It's just plain stupid for them to make us enter the code first. It's not like it's uncommon for browser connections to freeze up when everyone and their mother's uncle's frickin' third cousin is trying to access a website!! They should've set it up where the code is only disabled when a purchase is actually made, that way we could still at least try multiple times to get though without getting permanently rejected.

Took a look at some scapler sites and they got any where from 100 - 300 tickets available. How the hell does this make any sense???

Yes, this is pretty fucked. I've spent the last hour trying to get tickets in Southern CA. Any of the shows - San Diego, Arrowhead, or Staples. All I get is "Internal Server Error".

What the FUCK was wrong with the mail in with a check fan method?

Motherfuckers - both u2 and ticketbastard.

Guys, it's really simple -- just call your credit card company and call foul. They'll sort this out for you. I know that doesn't change anything as far as getting it right up in behind there... but what else can you do?

I am mad as hell too... but it's time to move on.

I havent felt so ripped off and wound up until today!

U2.com had better do more than this crappy attempt at an appology.

Back
Top Bottom