(01-21-2005) U2 Reschedule Tour -- RollingStone.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Reschedule Tour

Bono and Co. will now begin in San Diego

U2 will now launch their international Vertigo tour in support of their blockbuster album, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, on March 28th in San Diego. Comprehensive concert dates will be announced on Monday, with tickets going on sale on January 29th. The tour was originally set to begin on March 1st in Miami, but was postponed early this month due to a family illness.
The Vertigo tour will comprise more than 100 shows worldwide. Southern garage rockers Kings of Leon will open on its initial North American leg, which wraps up in Boston in late May. A thirty-stadium European stint will then launch on June 10th in Brussels, with the band returning to the States in mid-August for another thirty arena concerts.

"People want to see U2 and feel like they're part of something special," drummer Larry Mullen, Jr., told Rolling Stone of the band's live appeal. "People respond to U2 in an unusual way. People trust U2 and believe what we do. And that's much bigger than the music."

U2, who are nominated for three Grammys for the single "Vertigo," will also perform at the February 13th awards ceremony in Los Angeles and are slated for induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on March 14th in New York.

ALEX MAR
(Posted Jan 21, 2005)

--RollingStone.com

And I'm planning to see a few concerts in the USA this year and am doubting between Boston or New York (or both). With Boston being the end of May, I have some more time to plan the whole trip. :)

I KNEW this would happen if they end up in boston in late may it means NYC will be sometime before then and I will be at yoga teacher training. ARGH.

Oh well they are returning in the fall no?

What happened with all the talk about scissor sisters? KIngs ofLeon are ok I guess I am not so into their "were modern dasy led zep brothers/cousins son of a preacher man deal"

Although jet blue is having a sale to the west coast hmmmm....

TiaraGurl said:

Oh well they are returning in the fall no?

Yes, after the summer touring stadiums in Europe, they plan to return for 30 or so more gigs in North America. Im planning on seeing them on the first leg in April/May then again in the Fall. Can't Wait!:hyper:

May in Boston! Yes!

I won't be on vacacion. :up:

Is it to much to hope for Fenway? I mean, sure, it's impossible... but still! :drool:

Tweeter Center's good too, boys... :yes:

Who in the FUCK are the 'Kings of Leon'? I just illegally downloaded some of their songs, and they seriously suck. They're just stealing from the Allman Brothers, with no ideas of their own to back them up. And I saw a picture of them - I'm fairly certain I don't want to see these furry fucks in front of a U2 show. Nothing pisses me off more than a band of poseurs (I'd have the same reacion if they had The Killers open for them). When is U2 going to have a good band open for them, again? I haven't seen a decent opening act at a U2 concert since 1993. And the undisputable best were The Pixies in '92. You can't beat a double-bill like that. Not anymore, at least.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom