(01-19-2005) J-Lo, U2, Usher Star at French Music Awards on Riviera -- AFP*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
J-Lo, U2, Usher Star at French Music Awards on Riviera

PARIS, Jan 19 (AFP) - Pop diva Jennifer Lopez, rhythm and blues sensation Usher and Irish rockers U2 will be in the French Riviera resort of Cannes on Saturday for the 2005 NRJ Music Awards, France's glam answer to the Grammys.

Lopez will sing "Get Right", the first single off her upcoming album "Rebirth". The CD, due out on March 1, features a guest appearance by Lopez's new husband, Latin crooner Marc Anthony.

Usher, whose "Confessions" was the top-selling album in the United States in 2004 with nearly eight million copies sold, will also perform at the flashy ceremony, to be broadcast live on French private television network TF1.

NRJ is one of France's most popular radio stations, and more than five million listeners have cast ballots in 13 categories -- six French-language, six international and the video of the year -- ahead of Saturday's ceremony.

Up for international female artist of the year are R and B stars Alicia Keys, Anastacia and Beyonce, rocker Avril Lavigne and pop princess Britney Spears.

Usher, rapper Eminem, rocker Lenny Kravitz and pop singers Robbie Williams and Billy Crawford will vie for top honors as international male artist of the year.

U2 is up for best duo or group of the year, along with Keys/Usher, the Black Eyed Peas, Blue and Destiny's Child, which is fronted by Beyonce.

The awards show is the kick-off event for the MIDEM music trade fair, the international music industry's most influential annual gathering which begins on Sunday in Cannes.

You mean Bono and Larry will be there. Speaking, I'm sure, not performing.

Though if the whole band shows up, that will be a pleasant surprise. And we'll all have something to talk about rather than just rumors!!

Rest assured, these will be the most scrutinized photos since...well..I can't think of a recent example...

Teta040 said:

Rest assured, these will be the most scrutinized photos since...well..I can't think of a recent example...

Well, not a recent example, but we can guess anyway which ones you were thinking of. :wink: (Bono's arse.)

Back
Top Bottom