(01-18-2005) More Tour News... - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cigar said:
I agree with U2Philly 100%

And remember that suppose "real" Edge that was apparently posting in this forum last year?Well,we all know that it turn out to be a fake "Edge"

The credibility of this board took a huge hit with that.So excuse me for having my doubts with that suppose "close" source to the band concerning the announcement of the tour for the end of the week.We got fooled once...not twice,Hello Angel...sorry.

Oh, let's not even start this bullshit again.

Let's give the staff a break here. Everyone and their monkey's uncle is posting rumours from here to Ethiopia and back and it's nice to have a little bit of something consolidated in one spot rather than searching eighteen message boards for every different piece of news there is.

Step back for a second, take a deep breath, and realize that at least this is better than nothing.

DaveC said:

Oh, let's not even start this bullshit again.

Let's give the staff a break here. Everyone and their monkey's uncle is posting rumours from here to Ethiopia and back and it's nice to have a little bit of something consolidated in one spot rather than searching eighteen message boards for every different piece of news there is.

Step back for a second, take a deep breath, and realize that at least this is better than nothing.

Maybe better then nothing....but is it "news" or is it a "rumour"? ... interference has made a clear distinction between the two...this is presented as "news"... So i think it is okay to question it when there is no other site reporting this information... this is being presented as from a source who knows...I am just curious as to why this is not a rumour like everything else...and if it is not a rumor and verifiable fact then I want to celebrate the things that we know...like there is a tour happening...it is happening soon...the announcement is soon....etc, etc.

And yes, IRAN has weapons of mass destruction...:huh:

*ducks and runs as the bullets begin to fly..*)

LuminousTimes said:

Maybe better then nothing....but is it "news" or is it a "rumour"? ... interference has made a clear distinction between the two...this is presented as "news"... So i think it is okay to question it when there is no other site reporting this information... this is being presented as from a source who knows...I am just curious as to why this is not a rumour like everything else...and if it is not a rumor and verifiable fact then I want to celebrate the things that we know...like there is a tour happening...it is happening soon...the announcement is soon....etc, etc.

A source involved with planning the new U2 tour has let us know the following details

What part of this opening statement was confusing?

Sometimes it amazes me that people don't starve to death while waiting for proof that something they eat hasn't been poisoned, yet.... they'll fight tooth and nail to hammer out U2 news into black and white. There are shades of grey as well.

If people only wanted black or white there wouldnt be much to talk about. Imagine only finding out about the album the day there is a press release, or the same with a tour... oh.. and what about the 'secret' show under the Brooklyn Bridge... how many people from here went to that based just on the rumors?

Shades of grey.

Elvis said:

Not confusing...I just want further clarification from interference that you are considering all the information in this news item as fact...not a guess, not a maybe, but 100% confirmed information.

Because if so, why aren't other sites picking it up?... I mean you say that the tour schedule is complete...handed in to all involved parties yesterday....You confirm tour start now in southwest...you confirm that there is an illness in the family of u2...this is big news, if confirmed as true...

I just wanna celebrate that the tour is gonna happen...happen soon...if you say that this is true...then i WILL assume it is and rely on it and put my mind at ease that the tour is starting and we will have official news in the next few days... It would be nice to know the end is near...

LuminousTimes said:

Not confusing...I just want further clarification from interference that you are considering all the information in this news item as fact...not a guess, not a maybe, but 100% confirmed information.

Because if so, why aren't other sites picking it up?... I mean you say that the tour schedule is complete...handed in to all involved parties yesterday....You confirm tour start now in southwest...you confirm that there is an illness in the family of u2...this is big news, if confirmed as true...

I just wanna celebrate that the tour is gonna happen...happen soon...if you say that this is true...then i WILL assume it is and rely on it and put my mind at ease that the tour is starting and we will have official news in the next few days... It would be nice to know the end is near...

All the article said was that is was information we got from someone involved. It's a shade of grey. Basically we passed on what we heard, we arent claiming it as fact, rumor, etc.

Now, in other news, today I did get confirmation from a company involved with the tour that they do have the venue/date list as of yesterday. They wouldn't give it up to me though :(

Elvis said:

All the article said was that is was information we got from someone involved. It's a shade of grey. Basically we passed on what we heard, we arent claiming it as fact, rumor, etc.

Now, in other news, today I did get confirmation from a company involved with the tour that they do have the venue/date list as of yesterday. They wouldn't give it up to me though :(

Thank you very much for the clarification...basically you have very good information that you cannot 100% confirm...That is awesome...I am sure we will hear something official soon based on the information you have presented.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sebastian Clayton was on Dave Fanning's show today, responding to complaints by fans about the official web site. He said the tour would be annnounced "hopefully in the next couple of weeks". I guess we could consider him a source close to the band.:wink:

biff said:
Sebastian Clayton was on Dave Fanning's show today, responding to complaints by fans about the official web site. He said the tour would be annnounced "hopefully in the next couple of weeks". I guess we could consider him a source close to the band.:wink:

Although if you see what he said regarding the U2.com website you get the impression he's kind of clueless.

ramblin rose said:

Although if you see what he said regarding the U2.com website you get the impression he's kind of clueless.

Agreed. I also thought his "hopefully in the next couple of weeks" could not have been more vague. That's why I included the winking smilie. What does "hopefully" mean? Of course we all hope it's soon, but what he said is essentially meaningless.

Elvis said:

:crazy: Do you know where they live?

ramblin rose said:

Ya think? We're like a bunch of people who've been stranded on a deserted island for the past ten years and we're waiting for news of a rescue.

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard :lmao: :lmao:

Elvis said:

Well, was it Dalkey Beach?
Do you know that this source is saying the truth?
What kind of checks did you do to make absolutely sure this information is real and not by some kid who just happens to know some shared info you use for confirmation? Are you sure that this 'source involved with planning the new U2 tour' is who he/she claims to be?
Are you absolutely sure about those things? No, as sure as with the Edge situation is not good enough...

There are shades of grey as well.

Indeed, there are shades of grey. But to go with the grey info, you have to trust it a bit, or at least the source. And in the current situation, the grey here is just some think fog covering up a ravine.

However, regarding the information itself, I don't know what makes it News (in contrast to Tour Rumours to which a whole subforum is dedicated)? I mean, this 'source' isn't telling anything a dozen other publications also haven't said. So why say this is Interference.com news?

:shrug:

Marty

Popmartijn said:

However, regarding the information itself, I don't know what makes it News (in contrast to Tour Rumours to which a whole subforum is dedicated)? I mean, this 'source' isn't telling anything a dozen other publications also haven't said. So why say this is Interference.com news?

Marty

We posted it in News because this is information that was sent directly to us by a source, just like dozens of other stories we've posted in the News section over the years. The Tour Rumors forum is where all members can post any tidbits they've heard from newspapers, radio, friends, etc.

Popmartijn said:

Marty

For someone who says it isnt new information, you sure are making a big stink about nothing.

Dont know which article you read, but the one at the start of this thread really isnt anything ground breaking, earth shattering, or worthy of fussing about. It's simple a "Somone involved told us...."

Take it for what its worth, we never claimed what this person said to be factual. And... that is the point.. its what someone said... not an official press release that can be directly confirmed.

I just listened to the part of Dave Fanning's radio show last night when he was talking to Sebastian Clayton. (And you can too; the address is www.rte.ie./2fm/davefanning.html).

The really important information is that u2.com members will be able to buy 2 tickets for indoor shows and 4 tickets for outdoor shows.

Clayton did admit that there have been technical problems with the site "because it's been so popular," but there is 24/7 tech help available. "We're not trying to rip (fans) off" with the $40 fee—he stressed that there is free content still available, but fans would get additional content like the u2.com mailing address and access to all U2 videos if they joined.

Looking over my notes, I don't know whether that 2 indoor/4 outdoor tickets means that you can buy them for just one particular show or for several shows.

(I was hoping Fanning would ask "Sebs" about how his big brother is doing these days, but he didn't. How disappointing!)

Elvis said:
Take it for what its worth, we never claimed what this person said to be factual. And... that is the point.. its what someone said... not an official press release that can be directly confirmed.

Well, you did put the Interference.com tag to it and you posted it in the News section. So that means you do regard it as fact, not rumour. Otherwise you could have posted it in the Tour Rumours section...

OK here's the scoop people since so many of you are choosing to split hairs -

I am an idiot. Happy?

Want to know why?

Because my boyfriend was in the hospital last week and I have been nursing him back to health for the past two months. I haven't slept more than 4 hours a night for the past 45 days. And you want to know what happens when you are sleep deprived? You forget to write things - important things. THings such as disclaimers so that people on our message boards don't choose to tear the place apart if one of us forgets to use italics to disclaim something.

I'm truly sorry so many of you have gotten up in arms about it. But you know, you all are truly making my exit from the site this spring all the more easier. So thank you for that.

Popmartijn said:

Well, you did put the Interference.com tag to it and you posted it in the News section. So that means you do regard it as fact, not rumour. Otherwise you could have posted it in the Tour Rumours section...

Marty...

I really dont think you pay attention to the mainstream entertainment press do you? MOST of what is reported prior to an official press release is just hearsay, and that probably accounts for the majority of said press reported.

You've really got much much too much time on your hands if you've got the time to debate over this less than earth shattering 'article'. I'd like to remind you, much of what is reported on fan sites falls into the 'hearsay' category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom