(01-15-2005) U2 Tour Announcement Imminent? - Interference.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Tour Announcement Imminent?

Ed. note: To add total confusion to the mix, Ticketmaster is now showing a March 1st show in Miami in its system (which was to be the original tour kickoff date. Ticket prices run $49-$160. A General Admission floor is shown in the event's seating chart.

In a letter sent out to paid members of U2.com recently, the following tidbit was included about the 2005 world tour:

"OK! We know you all want the facts on the 2005 TOUR. Well, suffice to say, it's getting pretty close. Manager Paul McGuinness has just told U2.Com that the final dates are now being buttoned down and that the tour announcement is imminent."

Certainly good news to hear that a tour announcement (and dates) is soon to come and on tap after all of the recent press regarding the state of the tour and its postponement.

Stay tuned!

Thanks beau2ifulday and Cudar!

Last edited:
Not that it really matters but it was sent to non paying members too. I signed up under two different names but only paid under one name and I got the letter for both names.

I never got an announcement via email and I'm a paying member of U2.com. Actually a double paid member (they "accidentally" charged me twice). And that was after I had to get on my knees and beg for a prop code. This is probably what will happen when they send out the ticket pre-sale email too. I should have followed my first instinct and not joined. Dopes!

My wife is a member too, but she did not receive the e-mail. Maybe they can't send them all at once....

By the way, on the ticketmaster website you can see the first gig (March 1st Miami) is 'official'....

mstephan said:
By the way, on the ticketmaster website you can see the first gig (March 1st Miami) is 'official'....
:eyebrow: Yes, and it now says "Dates scheduled nationally" when you search U2...it didn't say that about a week ago.

For those that did not receive the e-mail, check your profile at U2.com. There is an option to check yes or no to receive them. That might be why you didn't receive it.

BostonAnne said:
For those that did not receive the e-mail, check your profile at U2.com. There is an option to check yes or no to receive them. That might be why you didn't receive it.

I checked and I am setup to be on the "mailing list." I also checked my junk email folder and there's nothing there either. I guess time will tell. Pardon my negativity, but after all I have been through with them, I don't have any trust in their system at all.

I don't like the fact that people will be able to buy a max of 8 tickets!!..last tour,it was only 4 per person.

Scalpers will have a fun fest with that much tickets per person.Not a good news for die hard fans.

Last edited:
OMG I'm so happy!!!!!

I was seriously preparing myself for the fact that there might not even be a tour. This is so great. I'm in such a great mood! Not even my shitty job or still living with my parents can bring me down today!

This is good news...perhaps this means that there never was a family illness, or whoever was sick got over it. I sure hope so...

this is great news, and the ticket master thing, the tickets prices look great. I was expecting a sharp increase to the Elevation tour, this is almost the same.

Getting mildly excited but I'm also not going to be uber excited until there's an official announcement. It looks promising, though. Just a random pre-ticket buying question: I've never been to an actual concert before b/c I've been waiting for U2 to go on tour again- so what are the absolute BEST seats to get ( or not seats?) The price isn't really important- but generally, where do you have the best view of the band, etc? Thanks

Well between my sis and friends we have 8 paid up memberships and none of us have had any such thing!!
I have had all the emails up to this very very strange!!

Or is it just the USA members that have had it as your tickets may go on sale first?

Last time, during Elevation, the so-caled "Golden Circle" tickets were for the non-GA tickets in the bottom tier, in the areas to the side of and closest to the stage (above the GA). These are the coveted seats for those who don't want to stand for the whole show in GA.

I am pleasantly surprised: I was expecting a giant jump to $200+or more. Someone else has said $130. The $49 ones are the GA; on Elevation they were $45. So a modest increase.

Wonder how much the FanFire/and or Ticketbastard fees will be though? The old Snail Prop, we paid face value only. *sigh*

Last edited:
I just got my e-mail like two minutes ago so have no fear if you're registered with U2.com and haven't heard anything. Seems that like with so many other things, they're a little slow on the uptake.

It took a while, but I too finally received this e-mail.

My guess is that U2.com now has SO many subscribers, they would overload their server if they sent out the e-mail to everyone at once. So it was done in batches. I just happened to be a later batch.

If I wasn't online today, I wouldn't have heard about this news until I received this e-mail later in the day. In other words, the delay seems long because we learned about this U2.com e-mail early in the day - but in truth, it was less than a day before we probably all received (or will receive) the U2.com e-mail.

As for the news itself - this is very good news. If U2.com is stating it, then it bodes well. I hope and pray that the rumors of a major illness in Edge's family are just that - rumors - and that the tour announcement was due to scheduling issues and nothing more. But I guess we'll find out soon enough. At least *some* announcement was made, and that's what I wanted.

Teta040 said:
Last time, during Elevation, the so-caled "Golden Circle" tickets were for the non-GA tickets in the bottom tier, in the areas to the side of and closest to the stage (above the GA). These are the coveted seats for those who don't want to stand for the whole show in GA.

I am pleasantly surprised: I was expecting a giant jump to $200+or more. Someone else has said $130. The $49 ones are the GA; on Elevation they were $45. So a modest increase.

Wonder how much the FanFire/and or Ticketbastard fees will be though? The old Snail Prop, we paid face value only. *sigh*

If the TicketMaster prices are indeed correct, I feel the prices are fine.

I enjoyed the Golden Circle tickets for one show (I attended 4 Elevation shows). Being in the heart was clearly the best - but Propaganda gave me GREAT Golden Circle seats! I was VERY close to the band - about as close as one could get without being in the heart. And, I had the assigned seat and didn't have to wait outside all day in an attempt to get in (or near) the heart. So there is something to be said about those tickets.

Of course, for some, the Golden Circle ticket put them way in back, and they weren't good at all. So there is that risk. But then, for some, the $45 GA ticket (on the Elevation tour) also put them way in back on the floor, so nothing is guaranteed. After all, only 300 people were allowed in the heart for each show and only so many could be at the tip of the heart. The rest had to enjoy the concert from other positions. Given how good the show was, I doubt people were disappointed regardless of where they were.

Back
Top Bottom