(01-10-2005) U2 Nominated for Two Brit Awards - Billboard*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Nominated for Two Brit Awards

Ed. Note: U2 have received two nominations for the 25th anniversary Brit Awards this year in the "International group" and "International album" categories. Below is the complete listing of U2's competition.

International group:
Green Day
Maroon 5
OutKast
Scissor Sisters
U2

International album:
Killers, "Hot Fuss"
Maroon 5, "Songs About Jane"
OutKast, "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below"
Scissor Sisters, "Scissor Sisters"
U2, "How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb"

To read the entire article, visit: http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000749856

please say you are joking niallyb!

i hate to say it but u2 are up against very tough competition with scissor sisters and killers!

is it decided by jury or phone votes or what?

Balfron said:
please say you are joking niallyb!

i hate to say it but u2 are up against very tough competition with scissor sisters and killers!

is it decided by jury or phone votes or what?

Well, Scissor Sisters and Killers each have only one album. U2 has 11 big selling studio albums. But going by the latest album releases.

Scissor Sisters: Scissor Sisters has sold 1,500,000 copies in the UK.

U2's: HTDAATB has sold over 900,000 copies

Killers: Hot Fuss has sold 300,000 copies.

It took the Scissor Sisters album 7 months to reach 900,000 copies sold, while U2's "BOMB" has achieved that in just 6 weeks after its release.

If this is going to be decided by votes, I think U2 is going to win. "BOMB" is U2's fastest selling album in the UK EVER.

hy
can someone help me and tell what magazins and newspapers have consider this u2 album one of thes bast of the year or at least have it included in a list of the year?
please i need a answer soon

I think Rolling Stone had it in thier list. Just look at different magazine websites and you'll probably find it.

U2 won't win this, I'm pretty sure. they have won many brits before, but I think Scissor Sisters will pip them to this one. I would pick Green Day over u2 on this one, just becuase they have come back with a great album are touring Britain through January and seem to be the in thing. U2 will win awards next year..

The one time i saw the scissor sisters was on SNL and quite frankly they sucked. I hope their album is a lot better then their live performance.

Scissor Sisters? Killers?
Let them win. U2 will be around long after these fads have appeared on the "Where are they Now" specials on VH1.

Back
Top Bottom