(01-09-2008) Bono urges France to increase aid for poor - USA Today*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hippy

ONE<br>love, blood, life
Lookin' for the face I had before the world was ma
Bono urges France to increase aid for poor

PARIS (AP) — Rock star Bono pressed French leader Nicolas Sarkozy Tuesday to increase aid to developing nations, the aid advocacy group DATA said.
The organization, co-founded by Bono, front man of the rock group U2, has urged France to raise development assistance to 0.7% of gross national income by 2012 as agreed earlier. In 2006, French aid stood at 0.31% of gross national income, DATA said.

"The president admitted it would be very, very hard, but France would keep her word," the statement quoted Bono as saying following the meeting.

DATA's statement cites an October parliamentary report showing France's estimated overseas development assistance would be 0.35% of gross national income in 2007 and would remain at 0.35% in 2008.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2008-01-08-bono-aid_N.htm

For me as non-native speaker it is interesting to see that countries can be female. :)
You learn something new every day.

I think I know some other country in central Europe that could need such a "kick in the arse", as we are still far away from 0.7% as well if I'm not mistaken.

God Bless Bono. I read the article on USAToday.Com & some of the comments people made about him were not very nice.
:shame:

Back
Top Bottom