(01-07-2005) U2 Tour Update -- Hot Press*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had heard some time ago that one of Edge's daughters had a rare disease. I believe now the circulating talk is that one of his daughters has lukemia. It's probably the same daughter.

THANKS for the update, my BF thinks that they only reason that U2 are proposing is 'cause of low album sales but then again, he's one of those former fans who want to see u2 fail and want to believe that is the real reason U2 are prosponing dates.

For whatever reason they are delaying the tour announcement is fine as long as everything is okay. I think we can wait a little longer!

westendgirl said:
I had heard some time ago that one of Edge's daughters had a rare disease. I believe now the circulating talk is that one of his daughters has lukemia. It's probably the same daughter.

that's what i've heard too :sad:

Axver said:

How do we know it's true? Just because Hot Press claim it as fact doesn't mean it is fact. Media outlets claim a lot of things regularly that later prove to be inaccurate. I am very much hoping that is the case here.

How f-ing insensitive!!!:sad: :angry: :shame:

isabelle_guns said:
THANKS for the update, my BF thinks that they only reason that U2 are proposing is 'cause of low album sales but then again, he's one of those former fans who want to see u2 fail and want to believe that is the real reason U2 are prosponing dates.

And he's still your boyfriend??

a) I am sure Edge (or any of them for that matter) would allow rumors like this to fly around about his own family in exchange for some publicity.... The fact that people can still continue to think that makes me nauseous... If you believe in karma even in the slightest bit, you just don't mess around with stuff like this

b) Has he seen the sales figures?

:angry:

Hope you slapped him upside the head at least once :wink:

*sending good thoughts the Evans' way*

Last edited:
Oh my God..

.....how freaky is this?!?!? I just made the above post at the library on the way home, about 2 hrs ago. Literally, on the way home, not more than an hor ago, still in shock about Edge, I met a poor high school girl on the street who was distraught because a friend of hers had committed suicide yesterday. This friend was a senior in high schol who was very shy, withdrawn, bookish, etc and the kids apparently ragged her mercilessly. So last night she hung herself, at home. It's allover the local media, but I haven't turned on the TV yet.

I told her about Edge, just to console her, I guess; what could I say to a total stranger? She had heard of U2 but wasn't a fan. I told her something to the effect of how you can be rich, famous, etc think you have it all, but some things in life you have no control of, so we should be more thankful for what we have and not complain. wondered out liud how I could be feeling so deeply upset like this, like it was a close friend of mine. I asked her for the girls' name and told her that I had some heavy duty prayer chain requests to make in church this weekend.

SO guys: please drop in a word alos for the family of, and the soul of, Christine L, who attended ALbany High School ij Albany, New York

Not to add fire to the rumors, but, isn't 'Original of the Species' written about one of Edge's girls? It would certainly add a new dimension to the lyrics Bono wrote. Maybe this has been going on for some time and now taken a turn for the worse? I certainly hope not. Losing a parent is hard, but you're programmed to handle it. Losing a kid is a whole other ballgame. Like someone else said, I don't pray, but I'll be thinking about Edge's gang.

Last edited:
You know, I am sure this is going to come across wrong and no doubt I will get flamed but having watched 150000 people die over the last week, I find the outpouring of grief over an illness in edges family a little ott... for fs.. every family no matter what the status has to cope with some sort of illness.............. get over it

westendgirl said:

Where was this? I've never EVER heard that! Stop the speculation about something that serious until we know the truth!!!!!!!!!!!

beli said:
Original of the Species is about puberty not disease. At least thats my interpretaion.

But, why Edge's daughter, specifically? Bono has his own daughters to write songs about. And, look at a lyric like 'I kneel 'cause I want you some more'. All I'm saying is, if the rumors are true - and I'm not saying they are - it could certainly put a different light on the song, given that the song is about one of Edge's kids.

Last edited:
Party Boy said:
You know, I am sure this is going to come across wrong and no doubt I will get flamed but having watched 150000 people die over the last week, I find the outpouring of grief over an illness in edges family a little ott... for fs.. every family no matter what the status has to cope with some sort of illness.............. get over it

Really, you watched all those people die? I'm amazed that you can sign onto a U2 website with the grief you must be experiencing.

Last edited:
Shade said:

Really, you watched all those people die? I'm amazed that you can sign onto a U2 website with the grief you must be experiencing.

You know, comments and people like you make me sick. You think I am saying I watched 150000 people die?? No I didnt. I know one person who did. So excuse my language if I say fuck you. Go worry about someone in Edges family who you have no idea what is wrong with them. It could be measles, it could be a broken ankle... it could be anything. Meanwhile, let me carry on in the real world. You fuckwit. Excuse my language.

beli said:
Hasnt this song been hanging around for about a decade?

That fact means nothing. Lots of their songs sit around for years, only being released when they suddenly find new relevance and meaning to the band. All we knew is that there was a song called 'Original of the Species', not what it was actually about. And, history has proven that U2 are master recyclers.

Im sure you are reading too much into it. [/B]

How do you know that?

WOW! This is so sad. My prayers will totally be with the Egde. That God will give him strength through this!

Party Boy said:

You know, comments and people like you make me sick. You think I am saying I watched 150000 people die?? No I didnt. I know one person who did. So excuse my language if I say fuck you. Go worry about someone in Edges family who you have no idea what is wrong with them. It could be measles, it could be a broken ankle... it could be anything. Meanwhile, let me carry on in the real world. You fuckwit. Excuse my language.

That's exactly the kind of high-handed morality that led me to make the comment I made. And, just so you know, the sentence you wrote DOES imply that YOU watched all those people die.

"no doubt I will get flamed but having watched 150000 people die over the last week, I find the outpouring of grief over an illness in edges family a little ott..."

You wrote it, not me.

Party Boy said:
btw, I am bummed the tour is being delayed. However, having been at show in London on the day Bono's dad died, as someone once sang, the show must go on. Btw, that show in London was awesome.

Wow, check out Party Boy's priorities. It's wrong to feel bad for The Edge's family member because 150,000 people died in a tsunami, but it's okay to grouse about the tour being delayed as a result of Edge's family member being sick.

Last edited:
Shade said:

Wow, check out Party Boy's priorities. It's wrong to feel bad for The Edge's family member, but it's okay to grouse about the tour being delayed.

??? Shame on you. I lost a friend in Asia last week. You think I give a f**K about a U2 tour? No I don't. You think I give a f**k about an illness in Edges family? Am sorry to say no I don't. I come on here to chat to a few people (not you) about real life. We all got issues and family members not doing well to deal with. I just find the outpouring of sympathy slightly fales and incredulous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom