(01-07-2005) U2 Postpone Tour Dates Announcement -- ITV*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
U2 Postpone Tour Dates Announcement

U2 have postponed announcing dates for their world tour as a member of The Edge's family is reported to be ill.

The Irish megastars were due to let fans know the dates this week but it has been put back as the guitarist spends time at his relative's bedside.

The tour is scheduled to kick off in Miami on March 1 with the band playing UK dates in June.

The Edge lives in Dublin with his wife Morleigh and their two children Sian, seven, and Levi, five. He also has three daughters from a previous marriage.

The official reason for the delay is that the tour plans are not yet finalised.

Paul McGuinness, U2's manager, said in a message to fans on the band's website: "We've postponed the announcement of the tour because the routing is still being worked on.

"As soon as we get everything confirmed over the coming weeks, we'll let you know."

--ITV

Tour postponment

Edges daughter has Leukemia, and shes very sick at the moment in a Duiblin hospital. As such the tour dates are being postponed in order to let the family cope with whats going on, last thing the kid or the family needs now is a world tour. Sian is 7, and is Edge and Morleighs eldset daughter, so Im sure we all wish them wellness for Sian.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tour postponment

Gotta love when newbies come in to spread rumors.

Take it with a grain of salt everyone. This information has not been confirmed.

Don't even give any kind of rumors in detail right now. I made a post or two in the Tour area, a couple days ago, just innocent speculation about how this could possibly incite an unwanted media storm around Edge whenever the tour does start and regardless of the truth of the rumors...and I got a very strong warning about it. Then, I went back and read the other 10 pages in the thread full of people bickering about how the tour messed up their travel plans..and went ballistic. I typed in some more speculation, on how this might be affecting the family, and got more warnings.

I told everybody that I was just one of these fans who had been a fan since she was a kid in the early 80's, had literally grown up with them so any bad rumor would hit hard as she sees them as one of her own family, etc. I said I was being horrible and deserved whatever flame I got. But I didn't mean it at the time, not from my heart.

Now I have had a couple of days and I see just how wrong it was to even air your thoughts in public. It really IS insulting...unless the band comes out with it in a press conference and it is public news. One should never trust tabloids like the Irish Star , which like as not respectable publications like the Irish Times get their "news" from these days...if his post is correct there is no way she'd be in a Dublin hospital....#1, they wouldn't want a media circus and #2,they'd seek out the best place in the world for that, and hate to say it but that's here in the US,... Go for it, and take as much time as you need, Edge. I'm praying for you, regardless, I'm treating the rumors as true.

So that's all I'm saying, and I'm not even saying or allowing myself to think certain things. My respect for the U2 organization has never been higher than it is now...Principle is well-named. I have set myself to follow their example, and we should all try.

All we can do now is wait. There is no way they are pulling out of performing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and one glance at the band will tell us all we need to know.

Last edited:
I think there's been way too much belief in all the reports. The media feeds off itself these days and likely took the story from other outlets without their own investigation.

Nobody investigates in journalism anymore.

I believe McGuiness until something otherwise is stated officially.

Last edited:
Okay, I just heard an ad on the radio for the NBC Tsunami relief show this weekend. Playing in the background over the narrator was "Sometimes you can't make it on your own".

Hmmm.........:eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom