(01-05-2005) U2 Postpone World Tour - Rolling Stone*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yahweh said:
I am sure that what Rolling Stone reports is the truth because none of us have been informed about presale options yet and the dates would have been annouced probably this week if the tour was to be going ahead as scedualed.

Doesnt look at all to me suspicious.

This was exactly what I was thinking.

do u guys think it has anything to do w the sales performance of
how
to dismantle
an
atomic
lemon:sexywink:

and they do not wish to repeat a PopMart tour fiasco?:hmm:

db9

diamond said:
do u guys think it has anything to do w the sales performance of
how
to dismantle
an
atomic
lemon:sexywink:

and they do not wish to repeat a PopMart tour fiasco?:hmm:

db9

Uh, HTDAAB is selling incredibly well. I don't know what you're on about. It has already outsold about half of U2's catalogue.

on the other hand

....am I the only one who is thrilled that they are delaying the start of the Tour?!?! Sure, I do not wish ill health to anybody's family along with the rest of you. But without knowing any of the true story to this, maybe there is no "illness"....except in the progress of development with the B-man getting to know how to sing the new songs etc etc.

Safe recovery to anybody who is not well....but thank goodness for the extra four weeks, as I speak for many others in saying that some of us are not *quite* ready for the laughing gas and life on the road yet again! :)

EPandAmerica said:
My prayers and thoughts are with them.

It is better that they've been able to make a decision now, before the tour started.

I second that. I hope whoever it is, they recover. Family illnesses are difficult to handle when one is away from their loved ones.

On the other hand, I'm glad to hear that the opening date may be here in Los Angeles though! Yay! (But hopes that whatever will be will be).

I am far from thrilled.

If there aren't east coast shows in March, I am so majorly screwed. And I can't be bothered explaining why on a public forum.

This is horrific. And Tip Top Prince, if you dare to comment on this, I will flame you so severely that you will think Hell is cold.

shaun vox said:
actally motley crue are going on tour in feb and march so u2 feel
threatened by these hip guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank you shaun vox.. you've officialy had your first jcik moment. congrats, and more luck to you on having many more jick moments in the future

if this didn't have a shred of truth behind it, rolling stone wouldn't have reported it.

i really don't know what the deal is... i'm disapointed yet excited at the same time that there isn't a u2 concert at madison square garden on st. patrick's day... (no drunken shit show at the garden, but at least i can go to the parade now)

frankly this is all very very strange... my only hope is that it has nothing to do with Adam and the tsunami... i know it's a long shot, but what were the chances that a family emergency would delay the tour in the first place... deffinetly a long shot. so please... let all be ok with adam and his family.

also... this could explain why the ticker on www.htdaab.com has beek temporarily taken offline... only time will tell, however...

shaun vox said:
actally motley crue are going on tour in feb and march so u2 feel
threatened by these hip guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the truth is that they have seen your posts here and need more time with counsellors to prepare them for the possibility that you may be at one of their shows.

Ooh......Rolling Stone mag.
The center piece of credible news source around the globe. LOL!
Me wait until u2.com reports on this "story" to belive it. :)

starsgoblue said:
It is very sad to read about people fighting about how their plans are spoiled because of this announcement....think of the people who are really affected by this and get a grip.

Althought I love the band considerably, I definitely agree...

Axver said:

I think the truth is that they have seen your posts here and need more time with counsellors to prepare them for the possibility that you may be at one of their shows.

haha ya bet ill be at the shows and ive got alot to tell U2! on how i feel about their new music atyclb and htdaab:mad:

If some people are upset about the change to the tour schedule, then so be it. Emotions are very real and valid and should not be brushed aside.

Im sure everyone is concerned for the "ill family member" and wish him/her well. Noone has stated otherwise. People have been outpouring their concerns regarding the tour changes and how it affects them personally. A very healthy thing to do. Please do not judge.

peace

Remember Voxman..it's how they play live that matters...U2 albums have always been way different to other rock bands.
It's the live stuff that you should compare them to MC RH or GnR...

1) Can't we all just get along?
2) Whoever's "ill", I hope it ain't serious. Given the "Adam's fine" response about his ill-fated Malaysian vacation, I have to worry what "ill family member" means...
3) Whenever the tour starts, I hope they revise the locations a bit. The rumors I've seen posted include absolutely no shows in the Midwest. U2 have not played Tennesee since 1997. They filmed parts of Rattle & Hum in Memphis, they've recorded at Sun Studios in Memphis, Bono was just here a month ago to accept an award at the Civil Rights Museum... but they never play here. There are now TWO 20,000 seat arenas in Memphis (FedEx Forum and the Pyramid). There's the state-of-the-art Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville. Knoxville. Little Rock. St. Louis. Louisville. Indianapolis, with the equally state-of-the-art Conseco Fieldhouse. As is, the closest (admittedly rumored) shows to me are Atlanta, Dallas and Chicago... all ten hours away. The biggest, best band in the world should not have problems selling out every arena in the country, and the best fans in the world shouldn't have to keep spending all their cash on road trips.

Get well, whoever, and then get here.

C.

Axver said:

Uh, HTDAAB is selling incredibly well. I don't know what you're on about. It has already outsold about half of U2's catalogue.

i feel the effect of htdaab disappaiting quite quickly.
i think that atyclb owns this new album.

u2 will tour, i think theyre rethinking the venues.

thats all.

db9
:)

LOL, U2.com hardley seems to be telling the truth (look on the page before you enter the site)
It hardly sounds true at all!

News Updated and Exclusives Breaking .....:lol:.....at least i find it funny

and i've not seen a Bomb dismantled yet! :wink:

Axver said:

Naughty!:laugh: :laugh:

beli said:
If some people are upset about the change to the tour schedule, then so be it. Emotions are very real and valid and should not be brushed aside.

Im sure everyone is concerned for the "ill family member" and wish him/her well. Noone has stated otherwise. People have been outpouring their concerns regarding the tour changes and how it affects them personally. A very healthy thing to do. Please do not judge.

peace

Thank you. Glad someone isn't going off on the "but you're just being selfish!" tangent. For some of us, March suited perfectly whereas other dates do not work at all. I, for one, have to travel long distances and rely upon other people for multiple things due to a few factors. I could do that in March, but it looks like I won't be able to in any other month. This postponement seriously hurts my chances of seeing U2 live.

Whoever is ill I wish them well. The rolling stone piece is of course a bit vague, some of U2 of course stil have elderly parents, some of U2 have a lot of children, Larry had surgery on his back last year and may not be fit for the road yet. Who knows? Hopefully U2.com will clarify things before the rumour-mill is running at full steam.

Have to admit it makes rumoures when it isnt very clear what is the case. I hope it's just a exaggeration and nothing worse for them for us and the world:eyebrow:.

Anyway Bono didnt stop touring when his father went ill, but probably he didnt have a choice cause the tour was already running (if im right). But then its still a personal choice of course. But it might be some of younger family members? Or Adam still floating somewehere in the ocean on a banana tree.

Hope things will get clear!!

Peace people!

beli said:

peace
Oh my god, respect beli!

Why can´t i ever come up with something nice to say like beli
always does?!
:cute:

That doesn't sound good, and quick recovery to whoever is ill.

:slant:

They're postponing the tour, almost by a month - and already two months ahead of the start..this is something serious IMO.

I highly doubt U2 would use "family illness" lie if they weren't ready to play the songs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom