(01-04-2005) Bono Takes Family to the Races -- ShowBiz Ireland*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
[SIMG]http://www.showbizireland.com/images/stars2/bono-kids1.jpg[/SIMG]
Bono Takes Family to the Races

Irish Rock Gods U2 are prepping themselves for gargantuan year of touring and promoting their latest album so it was nice to see Bono getting in some quality family time over the Christmas.

Each year every city on the planet has it's own festive traditions - in Dublin it's generally some last minute shopping in Brown Thomas on Christmas Eve followed by drinks Shelbourne Hotel. Christmas Day is usually spent with the family in the suburbs followed by frantically looking for and house party and a designated driver! But without fail it's St Stephen's Day spent at the Leopardstown Races with a hip-flask.

And that's where ShowBiz Ireland caught up with Bono and the rest of his tribe as they enjoyed the chilly sunshine and no doubt a few bets at the Leopardstown Christmas Festival 2004.

And even though it was rumoured that Mr. Hewson was going to St. Tropez for the Crimbo it was great to see him playing super-dad to his two boys Elijah Bob (6) and John Abraham (4) as they each grasped their favourite new toy at the crowded race course.

We also spotted a stunning teenage girl with the Bono party who looked very similar to his wife Ali in the background... We can only assume it's his 14 year old daughter Memphis Eve or perhaps his 16 year old Jordan.

Either way we're sure ShowBiz Ireland's readers will let us know...

Well Happy New Year to the Hewsons and all ShowBiz Ireland readers across the globe!

bono-kids1.jpg

bono-kids2.jpg

bono-kids3.jpg

bono-kids4.jpg

bono-kids5.jpg

--ShowBiz Ireland

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that girl in the last pic is so similar to Ali it must be one of their daughters.

Lovely pics :yes:

It's Eve. Jordan looks more like Bono. She has his face shape--cheekbones, eyes his shape and color, his chin, nose etc, but her hair is more blonde--and she has Ali's full mouth. (at least according to a pic of her from last year. Sorry, I don't have a link.) She was a knockout in that pic but yep, I have to admit Eve puts her to shame. MY GOD!!! This is eerie!!! This is like looking at a time warp. Considering she is only a year younger than Bono when he and Ali met. They were both 15. So if you saw a pic of the 2 girls side by side, next year, it's very easy to imagine what their parents looked like on the day they met. This is too creepy. Just turn the clock back to 1975 and frizz up Eve's hair (we all remember their high school pic), and you've got Ali on the day Bono met her. In color (no public color photos of Ali under age 22 exist.)

Wonder what career path she will choose? She already , at just 14, she puts most Hollywood actresses to shame. Another thing..I can't help but be amazed at "how she's grown"..just 2 yrs ago, at 12, she was no great shakes. I once met a 10 or 11 year old boy who was just so good-looking, I could not take my eyes off him. I knew it was not polite, but I could not help staring at him. We were taking a 5th and 6th grade class on a field trip to an amusement park and I found my self staring at him whenever his back was turned. He was like a work of art. He was ethnically Middle Eastern. The boy was very quiet and behaved differently from all the other kids. He didn't talk much, and was always looking down. He wasn't shy, I could tell, but had an intensity and magnetism emenating from him that was wholly unself-conscious. He had gotten used to being stared at, everywhere he went. In short, I could he was aware of being extremely handsome long before most kids learn to appreciate thier looks, or lack of them, in a subjective way.

I wonder what Eve must think of people staring. She is no doubt prematurely developed, in a mental sort of way. This is what it must have been like for Larry too! (I imagine "uncle Larry" has already given her some advice on how to deal with this?? And related some stories about his teen years. Already I am getting misty-eyed at this...OOTS anyone??Come to think of it, we DO know what Larry looked like at 14...)

Then again, I am not ashamed to admit I am quite pretty, still, at 36. The women in my mom's side of the family seem to have a youngness gene, and look younger then their age well into middle age. I'm 36 and easily pass for 10 yrs younger. But what I am talking about is having to live with a state of having model-like beauty, and having people fall out of the trees the second you pass them by, everywhere you go. I've had my share of stares when I was younger, but never had to deal with what this poor girl (in a sense) must be dealing with. She must already be dealing with it. I shudder to think some of the places this pic might end up...

Maybe there are some of you on here who have had to deal with that.

If this is creepy for me...what will it be like for Bono??? What a miracle. I mean in the sense of God giving something precious to you. I'm no parent yet but if God gives me a son and he looks like his father...or a daughter , and she is a carbon copy of me...I agree about the sleepless nights!! What was it in News recently about an article someone translated, where Bono said that the girls want to date but he won't let them, saying he;s told a number of boys he will personally "punch them out"? LOL:wink:
Can you blame him???

We know that Eli looks like her (Ali and Eli, the nicks are similar and they look like each other.....awww:). But I can see who Johnny looks like! What was Bob Hewson's comment about Eli when he was born? "What are you going to name him..how about 'Revenge'?":macdevil:

John looks exactly like his dad. Interestingly, Bono isn't having his hair cut. Those eyes, that nose...:) Aww, I am an amateour genealogist and love this stuff. I'm getting weepy, must go now:)

Last edited:
Anyone know why I can't see these pics?

Are the pics just available for premium members?

Every time I click on the link that Devlin provided, it says "network construction"!

Any ideas why?:scratch:

Jamila....funny, I had the same problem. I just went to a different computer...the first one had Road Runner, I am now on Int. Explorer, if that helps..don't worry, people always post pics in the Forum eventually.

David.. in a recent article for a European mag, he says that he does not yet allow the girls to date, though they want to. He saif he has told boys that he will "punch them out" if they even think of anything. "Maybe that's why we haven't seen too many.they stay away."

Can you blame him? Plus, in addition to their looks, there's their money, and the prospect of marrying Bono;s daughter.

Funny..if you think Bono is tough...imagine being a boy trying to date Larry's Ava. She's about 7 now. No pics though if she looks like him, she'll be just as much a stunner to the guys as Eve.

I pity any boy who, in the future, even so much as makes serious eye contact with a duaghter of Larry Mullen Jr.:)

Back
Top Bottom