(01-01-2006) Queen's Speech -- U2.com*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsmith2904

ONE love, blood, life
Queen's Speech

Speaking to Queen Noor of Jordan, guest editor of the BBC Radio 4's Today programme in the UK, Bono says that important steps were made on cancelling debt and improving aid to developing countries in 2005 but he is 'gutted' by the lack of a breakthrough on fairer trade. He also reveals that while his campaigning sometimes 'raised eyebrows' with Larry, Adam and Edge, 'our audience feels like they have a stronger voice through me, and the band can see that.' Listen to the interview here.

The rest of the band, he adds, are 'hugely supportive spiritually and financially of the work I do, but they are in a rock'n'roll band and the first job of a rock'n'roll band is not to be dull'.

Listen in here.

--U2.com

Sounds good.

See where Argentina paid it's $9.57 billion debt to the International Monetary Fund on Tuesday. The Economy Minister said "Today is a day of great satisfaction. A lot of hard work had gone into making this payment and, happily, this operation has been concluded successfully". This measure officials said would help reclaim Argentina's economic independence.

from The Associated Press

:|

Back
Top Bottom